Scan multiple email ports?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Clive T, Jul 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clive T

Clive T Registered Member

Is it possible to enter multiple email ports in IMON rather than the default 110 (or whatever).

I check two accounts here, one collecting direct from the server on port 110 and another that goes via POPfile on port 111. As it stands NOD monitors one or the other - but not both.

--
    Regards

Clive T

2. anders

anders Eset Staff Account

I haven't tested it, but I think it's comma-separated.

However, doesn't POPFile use 110 to get the message from the server? (I assume POPFile is a "normal" POP3-proxy).

IMON should see both the traffic from the e-mail client to the e-mail server on 110, and also the traffic from POPFile to the server on 110.

Regards,
    Anders

3. Dan Perez

Dan Perez Retired Moderator

Hi CliveT,

It may be different than with popfile but I use k9 to filter my outlook accounts from spam so outlook communicates to k9 on 9999 which communicates with the ISP on the customary 110, another account I have, checked direct via Opera's M2 client (without mediation by k9) but both are protected by IMON when leaving the default 110 setting.

If you haven't already, you may want to enable "append notification to all emails" so you can be sure that all accounts (with or without your spam filter) get protected by NOD.

Hope this helps,

Dan

4. Clive T

I've done this and that's how I know that NOD appears to be intercepting emails from POPfile on 111. Mail collected from my other account direct from the POP server on 110 doesn't include the "checked by.." It's no great deal, because AMON will presumably pick up any nasties but I wondered if I could include both ports in IMON e.g. 110,111 or whateever the syntax is.

Regards

Clive T

5. Dan Perez

Hmmm, maybe I am not understanding you. When you say that only the PopFile filtered accounts are getting the IMON filtering this is with IMON set to filter port 111 (or whatever PopFile uses) right? if so, change that setting back to 110 and it should filter all accounts.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks!

6. Clive T

The problem with setting IMON to port 110 with POPfile in the loop is that mail retrieval hangs in TheBat!

The problem is definitely with POPfile. I've now disabled it and am trying K9 - this sets up, and works, perfectly across my accounts.

Thanks for your input, Dan.

Clive T

7. Dan Perez

Glad to help , and thanks for posting your resolution :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.