Scan hangs up at 77%

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by TouchuvGrey, Dec 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TouchuvGrey

TouchuvGrey Registered Member

Scanning Drive E NOD 32 scans to 77% in 2-3 minutes but takes almost 2 hours to scan the remaining 23% and slows my computer way down during that time. 2.53 GHZ processor, 512 meg RAM XP, Home SP2. All other hard drives scan very quickly. Drive E is almost identical in size to Drive C ( appx 75 Gig ) but has fewwer files and programs on it. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. o_O

Mike

2. rumpstah

rumpstah Registered Member

Hi TouchvuvGrey:

Any large image/archive files on Drive E? Uncompressing those types of files can take a while.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Does turning off the scanning of archives in the on-demand scanner setup make a difference?

4. swabe

swabe Registered Member

gee thanks! that help, and I found my problem, It was a temporary file made by direct connect, when i turned off scanning of archives it work, and i deleted the temporary unfinished files from dc, and i can scan again my drive,

hope TouchvuvGrey will fix his too =) happy holidays

5. TouchuvGrey

TouchuvGrey Registered Member

With archive scanning uncheched, NOD32 scans appx 70,000 files in 2:07, with scan archives checked, it scan 220,000 files in 2:17 appx 10 minutes difference. i do not believe that is the problem. Nor are there and particularly large files on that drive, graphic or otherwise.

Still Puzzled

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.