Scan Disk/Check Disk

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by aladdin1001, May 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aladdin1001

aladdin1001 Registered Member

Hi,
    Is there a scan disk or check disk function in the TI boot disk? I think it would be handy to check and correct errors on disks before backing up.

thanks

p.s. if not are there any plans to include it in a future version? and when is TI 9.1 Home version going to be released?

2. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

Since Windows comes with its own, I would not be inclined to pay extra for TI because it included one. And I'm sure it would not be free.

3. aladdin1001

aladdin1001 Registered Member

I was referring to the boot disk ie. booting from the cd to backup

4. TheWeaz

Never backed up from the CD (except as a test). I would only use the CD to restore; all backups are scheduled from within Windows.
    Whither it’s on the CD or elsewhere, it would still probably add an unnecessary cost for something Windows already has.

5. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, TheWeaz

I think if anything should be added it should be a copy of Memtest86+. :)

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

6. whocrazy

whocrazy Registered Member

I'm sure there is a function in one particular cd-writing application (can't remember the name) that will test the cd before you write to it, to make sure that the cd isn't corrupted.
    If backing up to another hard drive, I'd recommend norton disk doctor. Don't worry, You dont have to install the whole of norton system works suite to run itndd.

7. TheWeaz

If it's free, I'll take it. :D
    Of course, there'll be people who'll complain that the down load is now even bigger! :D

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello aladdin1001,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

I'm afraid that there is no such "function" in the current version of Acronis True Image.

If you want us to change the behaviour of Acronis True Image in any way or add some new features to this product, please feel free to post any of your suggestions in Acronis True Image WISH-LIST thread. We will certainly consider them all.

Actually, it has already been released. As it has already been mentioned in many other forum threads, starting from build 3567 Acronis True Image 9.0 Home is based on the completely new 9.1 software "engine". We have decided not to change the version number to not confuse our customers as the new version is released as a free update rather than as a paid upgrade.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.