SBS2K3 NOD Small Biz package settings...

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by YeOldeStonecat, May 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    Running into a problem for the first time here, as I've historically done Symantec Corp Edition with Exchange/Groupware on SBS before on setups with the POP3 connector in use, other NOD installs on SBS did not do the POP3 connector.

Anyways...having an issue where the AMON and IMON seems to be catching a lot of stuff like Netsky and various "Phishing" emails...and I'm having issues with the POP3 connector service having errors. Event ID 1046 and 1048, often hanging the executible.

Now in the past, with Symantec Corp Edition, you'd exclude the Exchsrvr directory from real time scanning protection, but I'm not finding info on setting up the NOD package for SBS (Basically enterprise combined with the Exchange plugin)

Wondering if the IMON and AMON, when they catch things, are terminating the process? Should the Program Files\Exchsrvr directory be excluded from those two, allowing XMON to do it all?

I tried the fix from KB 833922, didn't help, seemed to make matters worse, so uninstalled it...but problems still arise.

The POP3 connector dumps mail into the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Windows Small Business Server\Networking\POP3\Incoming Mail directory, then is supposed to take them and move to the C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\Mailroot\vsi 1\PickUp directory. Well, sometimes (actually most of the time now) it doesn't get moved.

Curious what settings peeps have done with the NOD package on SBS2K3.

2. LedZep

LedZep Registered Member

Although I'm not running SBS2003, I do have NOD32 installed on a variety of exchange servers (5.5 + 2000). I personally would not run IMON on servers, especially webservers or exchange with OWA installed.

On initial installs (other than ones pushed out with remote admin) the NOD32 setup disables IMON if it detects it's being installed on a server OS.

To exclude exchange directories from AMON, on the server open the nod32 console, select the amon tab and click setup. A tab for exclusions should be available there, simply list all exchange dirs (including the POP folders you mentioned)

Haven't used XMON yet, using Antigen with its built in spam manager instead, but am 100% that it will pick up the netsky stuff et al. The phishing ones I don't know, they fall under spam in my environments.

Hope this helps,

Led

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I would try carrying out a fresh installation of NOD32 2.5 for MS Exchange

4. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    :'( ACK!

Would the update automatically do that? Today I'm rolling out ANOTHER SBS2K3 server, just installed NOD a few minutes ago...noticed it looked different, checked the version...yup, 2.5.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.