SBS&D

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by spy1, Mar 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

4 Mar 15:18:38 - [P] c:\program files\spybot - search & destroy\update.exe [960] tried to gain READ access on c:\program files\processguard\pg_msgprot.exe [508]

That's from the update of SpyBot Search&Destroy I did on that date. It was the only time I've seen it ask for anything in PG (didn't do it prior to or since then when updating).

I didn't allow it, and that didn't have any effect on the program's operation. Pete

2. the mul

the mul Registered Member

Hello pete,
    I also had a similar entry in pg log c:\program files\spybot - search & destroy\update.exe tried to gain terminate access on c:\program files spybotsd .exe.
    I have not seen this before the update, and have not seen anything after this one log entry, I just thought I would let u know that u are not the only one to have a log entry after the update on 4/03/04.

The Mul

3. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

The Mul,

When SpyBot does an update that involves more than just definitions, like program updates, sometimes it needs to restart in order for the updates to install properly. I think this was what you were seeing....

HTH....

Regards,
    Kent

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.