SBS 2003 SP1 problem

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by bluky, Nov 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluky

bluky Guest

Hi,
    strange problem: NOD 32 enterprise edition installed on SBS 2003 SP1. Of course, IMON disabled during instalation. The problem: When I try to perform push installation to another computer, RA console immediatelly disconects from server and fail to connect again. In the mean time the NOD RA service disconetcts itself. All vesion of NOD are new ones , downloaded from Eset site.
    Any advices?

2. alglove

alglove Registered Member

I am not that well-versed in SBS 2003, so there are other who are probably better able to answer you. In the meantime, however, I think the problem may be that the NOD32 Remote Administrator server or the NOD32 Administrator version (the part that sets up an update Mirror via HTTP) uses one of the same TCP/IP ports as the SBS 2003. I think that the Sharepoint server uses TCP 8081, which is also what the NOD32 Mirror setup tries to use.

Try changing the NOD32 Mirror to use another port and see if that helps. A similar question was answered somewhat recently here, but I cannot find it at the moment.

By the way, if you want to see which ports are in use, go to a Command Prompt and type:

netstat <-- to see ports that are in active use
    netstat -a <-- to see all ports, including those that are listening
    netstat -? <-- to display help about this command

Hope this gives you a starting place.

3. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    I've not seen that issue and have done quite a few NOD RAC installs on SBS2K3.

You're not running Premium where you're using ISA are you?

On the RAC, are you just doing the "local host" or did you punch in the IP?

If the server is multi-homed but not using ISA, guess you're using Secure NAT? Or is she single homed?

Yes Sharepoint on SBS is port 8081...so when you setup your mirror and if you plan on doing HTTP updates, specify an alternate port for your HTTP mirror, and of course for the configs for the clients. I use 8088. However this wouldn't be related to your RAC getting discon'd.

4. bluky

bluky Guest

I am using premium. But , to continue my moaning... After the RAC disconects from the RA server and I restart the main server, the RAS report the error.

This is happening inly when I try push installation.
    The mirror is not set yet.

5. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    OK...so again, are you multi-homed? If so, doing SecureNAT, or utilizing ISA Server?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.