SBlaster still makes alerts on BHO although trojan is gone

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Sydney2K, Oct 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sydney2K

Sydney2K Registered Member

Hello,

last weekend SpywareBlaster on my Asus laptop (Vista, SP1) alerted me to a Browser Helper Object (BHO) wanting to make a change to my registry. Not having done any installations or other changes to my system at the time, I was suspicious and rejected the BHO request. Spybot also came up with the same request, so I rejected there as well, as well as to ignore any requests from that same BHO.

Well, after a little googling the dll file making the request was a trojan, and I was able to remove the trojan in question by an Avast anti-virus boot scan.

The problem is that every time I reboot my laptop I get the same Spyware Blaster BHO alert every time- even though I have confirmed that the dll file is gone, and several scans (using Avast and Kaspersky Online Scanner) detect no more trace of that trojan on my system.

Is there any suggestions as to what could be causing the problem?

The registry location: 31CDFCB9-37D6-4C1D-A31D-AA2DD56F637B
    The dll file: byXRigEX.dll

Thanks in advance,

Sydney2K

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi Sydney2K,

Are you sure it was SpywareBlaster giving off the alarm?
    The programs protection works without any running components. You just need to run it when you want to change settings or fetch updates.

Maybe it's SpywareGuard?

Note that both SpywareGuard and Spybot will alert you about any changes, for the good or the bad, so they could be giving you good news due to the removal of Virtumonde.
    Read the alerts carefully and post back if you are stil unsure about allowing them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.