Sbie & Shadow Defender

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by ams963, Aug 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Hi,

Can I use them together? What do I need to know to make them work together? Any exclusions type thing?
    Will using them together make any difference in security or should using just any one would be fine?

2. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Absolutley you can use them together and a great combo.I ran them together with no exclusions and they where good together.Sandboxie alone is rock solid but adding them together is just another layer.Applications virtualization and system wide virtualization is just a extra nail in the coffin for malware.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
  3. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

No conflicts whatsoever. You probably have to decide whether it is overkill or not. The great advantage of using Sandboxie on its own when surfing rests on the fact that once its all over you just delete the sandbox, no reboot is necessary unlike with Shadow Defender.

If you are testing malware, plugging in USB flash drives from friends, or perhaps CDs from other people Shadow Defender is more suitable IMO. One can configure Sandboxie to protect from those sources as well, but it requires some knowledge and attention to detail while with SD it is really a no-brainer.

4. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Well said.:thumb:

5. safeguy

safeguy Registered Member

Used to have a hidden conflict but that was fixed. The combo is good though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.