Sbie - Malware Defender with Sandboxie

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Dregg Heda, May 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dregg Heda

Dregg Heda Registered Member

I am looking to add MD to my arsenal which already consists of sbie. However being a relative newbie I would like some help and suggestions on how I can best configure these two to offer both rock solid protection and very good useability. In particular I am looking for MD to provide system wide protection. I connect to a wireless network so this is important to me.

Also now that MD has become freeware, will the developer support it as well as he used to? Will this be a problem? What other options are there beside MD?

2. ace55

ace55 Registered Member

Re: Sbie

I'm a big fan of Comodo, not terribly chatty. Just spend some time on the inital setup and you're good.

3. HAN

HAN Registered Member

Re: Sbie

I am not terribly experienced in virtualization and HIPS but on my XP box, I use SBIE and DefenseWall. DW is set and forget but it still has some user adjustable settings. So far, so good and between the 2 and Avast, I feel pretty safe. (Of course I have my trusted ShadowProtect images to fall back on.) I just moved from a firewall/HIPS app as part of this process and wonder why I didn't do this a long time ago...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.