SBAutoUpdate Behavior

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by trattner, Jan 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trattner

trattner Registered Member

Dear Sirs,

This follows my having just installed the highly appraised SpywareBlaster, as well as subscribed to the AutoUpdate service.

A couple of elements in the behavior of SBAutoUpdate module (responsible for checking for the updates, notifying of their existence & updating the relevant files, as necessary) seem quite odd:

1. On PC's boot, there are TWO copies of SBAutoUpdate in memory (according to Task Manager) - the Registry however shows only a single StartUp item, in the HKLM\...\Run key;

2. After having had a chance to check online if there are any updates available (and possibly updating, and notifying so), BOTH copies of SBAutoUpdate disappear from Task Manager's listing!

Further to which, I wonder if anyone could enlighten on the following:

1. How do TWO copies of the module get started, when a single one is listed anywhere in the StartUp list (Registry or otherwise)?

2. If NO copy of the module remains in memory, how is it supposed to notify of new updates (unless one reboots the PC, which is not normally done in my case)?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Sincerely,

Eric Trattner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.