SB3.0 won't run

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Heirloom, Mar 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tinyt54

tinyt54 Registered Member

My sister and I both use Avast,run Win 98SE .She installed the new Spyware Blaster and has no problems.I couldn't get the program to run at all.It isn't the virus scanner since we both use the same thing.

2. QProteus

QProteus Registered Member

Dr.Web

I'm getting the same problem with Dr.Web's SpIDer Guard.

Whenever I attempt to start SpywareBlaster 3.0, I get a virus alert stating that "spywareblaster.exe" is a virus. I excluded the SB directory in my hard drive AND its shortcuts directory in the Start menu...but to no avail. I get the same results. o_O

3. Heirloom

Heirloom Registered Member

Glad that you users of Avast have found a workaround. I am still at a loss.....I can install and open the GUI for SB3.0 from the Safe Mode, but, system fails with General Protection Fault in the Windows mode. I have tried disabling everything I can, to no avail.
    SB2.6.1 will install and run well, except, now I can't update it!! :(
    I have previously posted my running processes....if anyone has an idea of what may be causing the conflict, please let me know!!

I love SB and HATE being without it!!!! :'(

4. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

I'm working on fixing the problem as quickly as possible - you shouldn't have to be without it for too long. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

5. Heirloom

Heirloom Registered Member

You're a good man, Javacool.....I don't care what siljaline says! ;)

6. DaVinci

DaVinci Registered Member

Javacool,

Just a quick note to report that there are no conflicts with the Avast Standard Shield Scanner and SB 3.1 on my WinMe system. SB 3.1 opens without a problem. Nice work and thanks for the update!

Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.