SB & SG with Win XP Pro User Accounts

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Lasso23, Oct 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lasso23

Lasso23 Registered Member

My question:

Does either SpywareBlaster or SpywareGuard have to be downloaded and installed separately on EACH user account?

My Win program is XP Pro, SP2.

I do not intend to be redundant, as these questions have been asked and I have truly attempted to follow other threads and links, but still have some confusion. Please indulge my request for a clear answer in this thread, rather than links to other threads if possible. I apologize in advance if I have overlooked or misinterpreted ..or cannot simply clarify this question in my own mind by viewing other previous postings.

I have installed and use SpywareGuard on the primary "administrative" account. I have no SG icon on the taskbar of the "limited" user account.

The same applies for SB.. installed on adm. account but no program icon is showing on the desktop for SB in the limited account. I realize I can temporarily change the limited acct. to adm. in order to install both programs if this is what is necessary (new install on either? or both?) for both programs to be active.

In another thread, it was suggested that one point a shortcut in one of the programs to the start menu of the limited acct. If so, which program requires this and is there an easy way to do so? ...explained in simple steps, please.

Will check back later and thanks for any clarification!

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

For a beginning explanation of Spywareblaster in respects to XP and users....Please see the below posts.

Couple of notes:
    1)"As long as the other user accounts have access to the location where it was installed (i.e. in the default folder in Program Files should be fine) then they all should be able to run SpywareBlaster from a single location."
    2)"The primary protection in SpywareBlaster is the ActiveX blocks on spyware elements - those are global to all users on an XP system. The lesser protection for blocking cookies in IE6 only applies to the user that ran SpywareBlaster and activated the protections."

these posts:
    Multiple XP accounts

Re: multiple users

Concerning SpywareGuard for All users....you will need to put a shortcut to the main program (sgmain.exe) in the All Users Startup folder.

C:\documents and settings\all users\start menu\programs\startup\

Alternatively....you can place the shortcut to the main program (sgmain.exe) only in the user's Startup folder that you want SpywareGuard to protect.

C:\documents and settings\~particular user~\start menu\programs\startup\

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.