SB "Loading database..." very slow for Firefox items

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by MikeBCda, Sep 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

I seem to recall this was a common problem for others ages ago, but I'm just starting to get it myself the last week or so. Too old and lazy to phrase a search properly, so if you'd steer me to wherever the suggestions were I'd greatly appreciate it. Assuming, of course, it's not a 20-words-or-less thing you can quickly repeat here.

When I start Spyware Blaster (e.g., to check for updates), the "Database loading" thing is almost immediate for other protection areas, but takes quite a while (15-20 seconds) for Firefox items. Odd, since (I think) the Firefox items are far fewer than the others.

Suggestions, please? Thanks.

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hello Mike,

I notice Spybot in your signature. If this still holds true and you have installed it's latest 1.5 version....there are a couple of recent threads in Forum here concerning something similar or could indeed be your problem.

The latest was this one where Javacool comments---> Spyware blaster freezing

HTH,
    Bubba

3. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Thanks, Bubba. I did follow that thread, plus the one it in turn linked to, and since my SS&D is the latest I'm probably getting the same thing even though I'm not actually locking up, just taking a while. And it sounds like Javacool will have it taken care of in the next SB version - assuming, of course, that SS&D doesn't in turn pull a new "fast one" on him in turn. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.