SB doesn't delete contents after chrome-install

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by Get, Oct 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Get

Get Registered Member

After I installed Chrome and set up a sandbox (which went wrong the first time (copy the defaultbox) and I deleted that box and made a new one) Sandboxie doesn't delete the contents after closing. It piles up. What to do? I reinstalled it over the top, but that didn't help. Any suggestions other than uninstall/install?

2. chris1341

chris1341 Guest

Maybe a silly question but best to start at the easy bits. Have you set the Sandbox to delete on exit?

3. mick92z

mick92z Registered Member

Did you install Chrome outside the box ?
    Did you delete the default box ?
    How many boxes have you got ? Are they set individually to auto delete ?
    Which boxes won't delete

4. Get

Get Registered Member

Yes, the box is set to autodelete (silly question indeed :p). Chrome was installed outside the box. I have 6 boxes and the defaultbox is still present (I deleted the copy). They're all individually set and they all don't delete.

5. mick92z

mick92z Registered Member

I am certainly not in the mood for sarcastic , childish remarks today my friend. Sort your problem out on your own I couldn't give a hoot

6. Get

Get Registered Member

Hm, if this isn't a languageproblem I don't know what is. Now that mick92z can't help me maybe someone else can. Don't forget to bring your sense of humor and, and that's sometimes crucial, you're ability to think outside the box as in "Hm, maybe he didn't mean it like I think he did and I shouldn't judge too soon." pff :thumbd: .

Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  7. jwcca

jwcca Registered Member

Chris and Mick posted at the same time, Mick's follows Chris' so Mick may not have seen Chris'.

It looks like Get replied to both, but without quoting them, leading Mick to assume that the 'silly question' related to him and he didn't like that.

It might have gone more smoothly if Get had provided more information in the first post, such as posted in #4.

Most folks on Wilders are polite and friendly but occasionally say something 'the wrong way' that they thought was 'the right way'. That's the time to 'take things with a grain of salt'.
    If the person offends just once, forgive and forget.
    If the person offends all the time, that's the time to forget them.

The original question might best be asked in the SB forum.

J

8. Get

Get Registered Member

Deleted all the boxes but one. This one is undeletable and 47,7 Gb, but that's not the real size (must be much smaller, cause otherwise the drive would've overflowed) A LOT of zerobytes files with symbols/letters names in there which I can see when scanning with MBAM. I stopped scanning at 15000 files. Took too long. When nobody knows what's going on I will scan with Avast, but i'm pretty sure it's no malware. It's a hickup of some sort...any ideas? ps: now the boxes which are newly made are also deleted when exiting the software.

9. Get

Get Registered Member

Yes, you maybe right. I didn't say anything the wrong way btw, but taking your post into account I reacted the wrong way. Should've reacted by my own rule "Hm, maybe he didn't mean it like I think he did and I shouldn't judge too soon.". Considering my last post I guess it's not really SB-related and moving the question to the sb-forum is not necessary.

10. chris1341

chris1341 Guest

Hi Get, I've had an issue a few times when uninstalling SBIE or deleting a Sandbox where the files get stuck and had to use a Linux Live CD to delete them.

Is the fiolder size growing each time you use SBIE or is it just old files that don't go away?

11. Get

Get Registered Member

It's fixed :) ! After all kinds of stuff to get it away including some bsod's checkdisk saved the day. I didn't want to use that, because of the trouble it can cause, but this time it worked well as far as I can see. Thanks for the help anyway. ps: It was a old box so I guess it didn't grow.

12. chris1341

chris1341 Guest

Glad you got it sorted. A few members here have reported similar over the years. Seems to happen if there is an install/uninstall or create/delete sandbox issue.

I sandbox into s RAM drive now so no such issues for me any more!

Cheers

13. Get

Get Registered Member

I wasn't aware of these issues. Still a great software though and I kinda like solving pcproblems, so I'm even more content with it now :-* .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.