SB and Firefox issue

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by zenchi, Mar 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zenchi

zenchi Registered Member

SpywareBlaster does not recognize Firefox. I believe this is due to the fact that %APPDATA% is located on the network. It also contains another environment variable %username%

Appdata is set to the following \\hb2\%username%$\Application Data\
    and %username% is set to my name.

I had issues with Firefox in the past regarding this, but I was able to create two different profiles.ini locations. One on the network \\hb2\%username%$\Application Data\\Mozilla\Firefox
    and one locally
    C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox
    To resolve my problems and get it working. Unfortunately, do to this work around SB doesn't realize that Firefox is present. Any suggestions? Thanks

2. zenchi

zenchi Registered Member

Re: SpyBlaster and Firefox issue

Well, a about a week and a half ago I started having some seperate issues related to firefox. So I switched to using the default profile. I hadn't thought about it changing anything. But today I opened up Spyblaster to see if there was some new version and lo and behold the thing is now recognizing Firefox. I run the update, enable protection and am happy again.

Here's the shortcut for those having some issues with their profile and want to try it out on the default profile that comes with firefox (I'm not certain but I believe this overwrites the default profile, and if you create a new seperate one, some of your data might be copied over)

"C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -profile defaults\profile"

Make sure you change it in the few locations that firefox shortcuts exist otherwise you might get the profile manager screen (or a different profile)

Thanks javacool for a pair of awesome programs, and I hope this helps anyone out that has their profile on a network instead of stored locally.

3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Re: SpyBlaster and Firefox issue

Hi,

Thanks for the update. :)

I'll see what I can do about coding support for Mozilla/Firefox profiles that are stored on a network in a future release.

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.