says image restored but hangs restarting...

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by uther70, Jan 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. uther70

uther70 Registered Member

I just bought Acronis True image 8.0 and made a full backup of the active primary C drive and made 2 incremental backups. All the images were verified and made flawlessly. So last night I decided to see of fast a restore would take. I followed the screen prompts and recommended to reboot to begin restore process. I did that and now the computer says that the drive image was restored. So closed down TI8 and I now see "loading, please wait...restarting system". Now it just hangs. I waited and hour and still the same message. So I manually restarted and during the booting process right before the windows logon screen comes up it just stops. Can't do anything. Any ideas?

It's Windows XP pro SP2. Its has two WD 100 GB drives hooked up as a RAID 0 via Promise fastTrak TX2000. The drive image was stored on an external USB HD. I did notice when I tried again to restore image with the full rescue discs by acronis that it just noticed the C drive but not my D,E,F drives. Ugh. I am at a loss. Right now.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello uther70,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Could you please tell whether you created the image of the whole disk? If so have you restored the whole disk or only one partition of it? Please tell what partitions you had on your drive and which of them contained operational systems. Have you tried to restore the image once again? What screen do you see when try to boot Windows? Is it "Welcome" string or something else?

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. uther70

I made an image of just Drive C with the winxp OS on it. Its about 15 GB. The whole HD in raid is 200 GB, in 4 partitions C,D,E, and F. Only had the OS. I tried to restore image of Drive C with the OS. I tried multiple times to restore image. Acronis says the Image was restored but after I close TI8 i get "loading please wait restarting system..." then the computer does nothing. I then manually restart and get past the setup screen in bio etc. I believe the loading stops right before the "Welcome". I never do see the Welcome screen when I boot up. Same thing everytime. I did a clean install of windows Xp and installed TI8 and tried to restore it again. I was hoping to get it restored via inside Windows but says it did not have exclusive use of drive C. TI8 was the only program I installed after the install. So it recommended me to reboot which went through the process of restoring again. Same thing happens. "Restoring image was complete and the same hang at "loading please wait..." and no windows logon again.

4. Acronis Support

You won't be able to restore the system partition under Windows because your current operational system uses the destination partition. That is why Acronis True Image asked you to reboot the computer.

Could you please send a letter with the description of this problem (or the link to this thread) to support@acronis.com and indicate in the subject of the letter that you want to contact Marian Fadeeva. She will help you to solve the issue.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. uther70

I also just noticed that when it hangs right before when the windows logo screen appears the floppy A drive light is on continously. Is it possible also that when TI8 restored my C drive partition, will it also affect the other D,E, and F partitions? When I reinstalled a fresh windows XP I no longer can see the other 3 partitions? I don't know what's happening.

6. Acronis Support

Hello uther70,

Are these partitions available in Disk Management ("Sart" -> "Control Panel" -> "Administrative Tools" -> "Computer Management")? If you restore a single partition others are not touched and the possible reason may be that new Windows didn't assign letters to other partitions.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

7. uther70

Well after that new reinstall all the windows XP can see is one big C drive. No other partitions are left. At this moment I'm trying again to restore the images again and when choosing where to restore to, TI8 can see the Primary, Active C with 15 gb and 78 gb designated as unallocated in disk 1. And then Disk 2 has 93 gb unallocated. No drive letters. I'm going send tha diag info seen after f11 and also see if the other partitions are still there after this restore attempt.

8. Acronis Support

Hello uther70,

Let's wait for the sysinfo.txt and make conclusions according to some data rather than on assumptions.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

9. uther70

What info I'm relaying to you are not assumptions but what I actually see on screen. After acronis restores my image to partition C it gets rid of the other partitions. I've simulated this multiple times and the same thing happnes. All the other partitions become unallocated. And that image restored doesn't even boot up. When reinstalling windows and when asked to pick which partition to install windows all I can see is ONE big hard drive. Sad to say all that info on the other partitions are gone.

10. Dycontim

Dycontim Registered Member

I appear to be having the same problem. After the image is supposedly restored, it hangs just before getting to the user's logging-in screen. If you don't mind, I'm going to follow along with your hopes of getting answers from tech support. I feel that I'm doing everything right as I have restored my hard drive before with no problems using TI7.

11. uther70

of course I don't mind. Do you have a RAID array set up too? Hopefully we'll get some answers soon. I guess they had today off since it's M. Luther King day. Also how many partitions did you have setup on your system? Were the other ones intact?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.