Saving System Restore points, elsewhere ?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by CloneRanger, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Is it possible to save one or more of these to another partition, and/or USB drive for example ? Having had a few "issues" in the past with them going walkies :mad: i'm thinking it would be wise to have a copy of these to paste back in, if need be.

If this is possible, precisely what folders/files need to be copied, and from what location/s ?

I know about apps like Erunt, but would like to be able to do the above.

TIA

2. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

With so many options outside system restore, all I'll say is I have my doubts about the practicality of such an undertaking. Both MVP's, Richard Urban and Bert Kinney's response seal it for me. If you're look'in for a worthwhile task then by all means shrink your system partition and run one of the freebies ... recovery'll be plenty fast.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2010
  3. CloneRanger

GlobalForce Thanks for replying and providing the links :thumb:

I would have thought it "should" be possible to save them elsewhere, and that MS would have forseen the sense/need for doing so, due to malware and/or as a safety backup. Why they havn't is a glaring omission as far as i'm concerned :thumbd:

If 3rd party apps like Erunt can do it, there's NO reason why MS can't provide a similar etc option as standard. Poor thinking MS :thumbd:

Unless anyone else has suggestions, i'll have to consider my next option/s.

4. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Here's a "tip-O-da-hat" on what I meant by shrink - plus some advice.

5. CloneRanger

@ GlobalForce

Thanks for the "Shrink" advice, what makes you think i'm NOT seeing one, or 3 :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.