Saving captured traffic

Discussion in 'Capsa Network Analyzer' started by macke, Mar 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macke

macke Registered Member

Hi,
    I am trying to save traffic from a heavy loaded network connection using the function with creating multiple files. However, there is a disc problem running out of space when saving for a couple of days.

I can't find any way to limit the amount of data saved for each frame. It would be very helpful to limit the amount of data saved to for example 64 bytes to just see the headers and saving disc space.

//Martin

2. Colasoft

Colasoft Colasoft Support

Dear Martin,

Sorry for this late reply. Unfortunately the current version of Colasoft Capsa does not support this feature. You can only save all data of the captured packets. For a temporary solution, you can limit the file number to be saved in your disc by eabling "Keep most recent x files" in "Project settings" dialog box.

However, we are pleased to tell you there will be a great improvement on this feature in Version 7.0. You will not need to save all data of the captured packets for analyzing traffic any more. General traffic monitoring and in-depth packet analyzing will be seperated into two different modules to enhance data proccessing efficiency and save system resources.

I sincerely hope you can stick with us and keep on giving us your feedbacks.;)

Best regards,
    Kevin

3. Colasoft

Colasoft Colasoft Support

Dear Martin,

You can now limit the size of packet to be saved in disc with Capsa 6.8. I sincerely wish you find this helpful.

limit-packet-size.gif

Regards,

Kevin

Last edited: Jul 8, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.