Saved my bacon BIG time

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by toolpusher, May 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toolpusher

toolpusher Registered Member

May 6, 2005

Bought this software a week ago for security and peace of mind. I thought I would never need it as I have 2 month old PC all singing and dancing. Then this pm I accidentally turned it off when it was on by disconnecting the power source. No problem WIn xp can handle this--it froze just before it was to load win xp. Tried everything no joy!

Stuck in the cd I had made with Acronis, changed the bios and made it boot from the CD and then made it restore the backup I made seven days ago from a external hard disk and within three hours everything is back up and running. I had 17 peoples websites and associated documents etc on this PC so if I had lost it I was in BIG sh-t..

All I can say this software works and its the best 30 dollars I have every spent in a long long time.

I have no association whatsoever with this company, only stating the facts, I am still testing all my programs but everything looks fine

How lucky was that?

Q. Now that everythings back up and running is there anything else I should do

2. napoleon

napoleon Registered Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Awesome! I've had similar experiences in the corporate world using TI Enterprise Server 8.0. It's provided instant ROI and a peace of mind you often don't find with many other products.
  3. sandokan

sandokan Registered Member

May 14, 2004
    Indeed. I think I have stated somewhere in these forums that I sometimes use ATI as an uninstaller of problematic apps (I do test a lot of soft, and many of them I know for a fact would leave a ton of stuff behind after uninstallation). I backup my SATA to my IDE 2nd physical drive and I know there is a high level of redundancy by so doing. I love ATI.
  4. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Jul 10, 2004
    San Rafael, CA
    So, why did it take three hours? :)
    Are you using a USB 1.1 external drive?
    Now, that everything is restored, remember to do all your updates for the last week that were lost. Also, I'd run a CHKDSK or disk ErrorCheck just for comfort.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.