SatNav software Quarantined

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Treggie, Sep 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Treggie

Treggie Registered Member

Hi

Purchased a new SatNav device today. Plugged into PC (Win7/ESET SS5 VirusDb 746:cool: and immediately quarantines required files on the satnav.

I can restore the files, but they are immediately quarantined again.
    The option to restore and exclude from scanning is greyed out and not available for these files. The reason for quarantine is Win32/AutoRun.FlyStudio.DL.worm
    I have checked and these are definately genuine files from the manufacturer.

The second problem is that when I download the firmware update exe file from the -naviextras.com- website, it also gets quarantined with a reason of Win32/InstallCore.AL reason.

These are genuine files but how can I exclude them from the scan and quarantine if this option is not available.

Cheers and thanks

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

As for the Win32/AutoRun.FlyStudio.DL.worm detection, please submit it to ESET as per the instructions here. I can only say that we haven't received files detected under this name for ages so if it was an actual FP we would have already been notified by other users.

The Win32/InstallCore detection is correct, such applications are detected if the user has opted for detection of potentially unwanted applications (ie. it's not detected as a virus / threat).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.