SATA to IDE Drive Cloning

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Swampster, Mar 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swampster

Swampster Registered Member

I have purchased and installed True Image 9 for many of my clients, but am having trouble with two individual systems.

In both cases, these are Windows XP w/SP2. One system has a RAID 0 drive arrangement with an IDE drive in a Mobile Rack as the destination of the clone. The other system has a single SATA drive with an IDE drive in a Mobile Rack as the destination.

In both cases, I can select the source and destination correctly, tell it to delete the data on the destination and retain data on the source. When I reach the last window where I tell it to proceede, it deletes the data from the destination drive and then stalls and will not complete the cloning from the source (SATA) drive to the destination (IDE) driveo_O

Any suggestionso_O

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Swampster,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

First of all, please make sure that you use the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

You can find the full version name and build number by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window.

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Please uninstall any previously installed build by following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Acronis True Image, prior to installing build 2337.

Note that you should create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update.

If the problem still persists with the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0 then please check each partition of both source and destination hard drives by Windows utility: use Windows menu Start\Run, then enter the command "chkdsk c: /r" "chkdsk d: /r" for every partition of your hard drives. Note that you will need to reboot your computer in order to scan the system partition.

Please also download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it with disabled logging, try to perform the disk cloning process once more and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists then please try to perform the disk cloning process when your computer is booted from Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0.

If that does not help either then please provide us with the following information:

- Create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

Please keep both source and destination hard drives connected while creating Acronis Report and Windows System Information;

- Let us know when the program hangs exactly;

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. Swampster

Swampster Registered Member

Thanks, I will give that a try and let you know per your instructions if I have any further problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.