sata problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by maxdido, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maxdido

maxdido Registered Member

hi,

software: acronis true image home 11
    hardware: asus a8n premium motherboard with a nforce4 chipset.
    my dvd drive is connected to the nvidia sata connector.
    my primary harddisk with the operating system is on a IDE harddisk.
    my data harddisks are connected in a raid 10 to the silicon image sil3114 chip.

when i try to start TI from a bootable cd it doesn't start TI. i choose to start true image full version and a blue screen with the logo comes up but then after a while a black screen appears and it just stops.

when i create a bootable USB stick with TI the same unless i keep on pressing F11. then it starts TI BUT it won't recognize any sata drives.
    and I need my sata drives to be recognized otherwise i can't make a backup of the IDE harddisk.

anyone who have an idea how to solve this?
    thanks,
    max.

2. vango44

vango44 Registered Member

Assuming you have TI installed on Windows and registered with Acronis:

Have you tried downloading the "safe version" of the bootable CD?
    From the registered products page in your Acronis account, you can download the this file. When you run it, it adds a plugin to the TI program.
    Then run TI and select to create a bootable CD and make sure to include the "safe" version from the list.
    Hopefully, this will support your Raid setup.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Maxdido and Vango44,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup software

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

We recommend you to make sure that you are using latest program build 5083 which was released recently. The new build can help you to overcome the reported issue.

To get access to updates you should first register Acronis software.

Please re-create Acronis Bootable CD after installing the update so the changes in the update will be applied to the newly created CD. After that please boot from this CD and see if the issue persists.

If the issue still persists, please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

After that please submit a request for technical support with the attached reports and the link to this thread. We will do our best to help you as soon as possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.