Sata controller on dell 4600 board

Discussion in 'hardware' started by btj6744, Aug 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. btj6744

btj6744 Registered Member

Im very confused about this motherboard that came in a dell system ( board# 865vp) dell 4600 Im trying to load a sata drive I'v hooked it to the board but I have no way of knowing what controller is placed on the this board because I have no install setup disk that came with machine it was pre loaded. old hardrive went down and left me with no drive so I had to purchace a new drive. dell has been no help with this problem. unless you fork out $200 up front . if you have any solution to this problem I would appricate it very much for any input. Thank so much for your time and effort

btj6744

2. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

btj6744, don't know which of the 2 PC versions you have, yet here is a Dell Dimension 4600 Series documentation page that might contain the specs you are looking for. Also, here is the Intel 865 Chipset Family Technical Documents page but it doesn't show a 865vp as stated in your post and a search for that designation does not turn up any info.

After the PC is operational, use CPU-Z version 1.46 to get all types of CPU info for future troubleshooting. Best of luck in your search!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.