SATA Blues

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by fmen, Apr 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fmen

fmen Registered Member

Is it just my setup or does anyone else have problems with True Image and SATA drives?

I have a primary IDE and a secondary SATA on my rig. I can image both drives very quickly but restoring an image to the SATA drive takes 2-3 hours!!

I have tried ATI 8 through 10 and all have the same problem. Is it just me?

Thanks

2. ScottVega

ScottVega Registered Member

no it's not just you

i've been trying ti 8 server, ti 9.1 workstation and ti 10 home with the same effect.
    i have to switch the sata configuration from enhanced to compatible to get an image from the disks or to restor an image. AND IT TAKES HOURS!
    i got an asus p5b-e board but i've been expiriencing the same problem with many other asus boards such as the p5g965, p5ad2, p5ld, p5ld2. all the same prob.

it doesn't seem like acronis is really careing about that problem... :oops:
    but gohst isn't any better...

3. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

You may want to build a BartPE CD Begginer's Guide to Creating a BartPE CD with one of Mustang's BartPE Plugins. BartPE uses windows drivers which will perform better than the Linux drivers in the rescue CD. You can also add the drivers for your particular sata drives if needed.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello fmen and ScottVega,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure you use the latest build of Acronis True Image. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Don't forget to recreate Acronis Bootable Rescue Media after updating.

If updating doesn't solve the problem, please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Please keep the drives in question connected and powered on during the creation process.

Please also collect the exact vendor and device names of the hard drive in question.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.