SATA and PATA with Acronis

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by sarutaro, Oct 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sarutaro

sarutaro Registered Member

I have been using computers equipped with PATA hard disks. I am very happy with the performance of Acronis TI. Now, I am planning to buy a computer. All Dell computers (XP Pro) are sold with SATA hard disks. I am wondering how Acronis works on SATA HD for backup and restore.

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

My SATA drives work very well. Issues with TI and drives depend more on the motherboard chipset and the Linux support for it than the type of drive. SATA drives have been around roughly since XP SP1 release or longer.

3. CorkyG

CorkyG Registered Member

I use TI 11 regularly with my IBM/Lenovo Thinkpad T-60, and all it has is a SATA drive. I clone that drive to an external SATA drive through an eSATA PCMCIA link - never a problem. You just have to get used to SATA drives being called "SCSI" by Acronis. :)

4. bmacinc48

bmacinc48 Registered Member

CorkyG: Read one of your posts "I, as a cloner and not a backer-upper". I would like to become a cloner instead of a backer-upper also but need to educate myself about image files etc. Could you suggest some good sites with good reading about learning cloning?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.