Sandboxie with Norton Security v22

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by bjm_, Oct 6, 2014.

1. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

Hello Wilders Community
    Might anyone know if SBoxie v4.12 is fully compatible with Norton new products.
    Norton Security / Norton Security w Backup
    SBoxie user posted at the SBoxie Forum that s/he is stuck with SBoxie v3.76 as the Norton Online vault is not compatible with newer SBoxie builds. But, s/he also commented new SBoxie builds are not stable.
    I'm running NISv21.6 with Local vault and have never had any compatibility issue with SBoxie v4.12 (fee license)
    I've been running SBoxie since the days of original lifetime license + NIS. No problem.

I know eventually I'll have to transition to new Norton product and may use the Online vault.

Looking for feedback re SBoxie compatibility with Norton Online vault.
    Hoping for feedback re SBoxie compatibility with new Norton products.

Respectfully submitted

2. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

Hi bjm, a few minutes ago, I wrote this reply to one of your posts at the Sandboxie forum. It is about Norton, antiviruses and Sandboxie.
    http://forums.sandboxie.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=17&p=103784#p103784

Regards

Bo

3. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

Hello Bo
    Interesting...and confusing as I have never had the need to Search for Norton as I never had a problem. AFAIK
    I'll go back to SBIE Forum and do a Search
    Re: I would choose one that has no known conflict whatsoever with Sandboxie.
    SBIE Software Compatibility lists NIS / NAV / N360
    Does this not indicate no known conflicts with Sandboxie?
    Configuration settings applied to improve compatibility...

Where would I find an AV that has no known conflicts whatsoever with Sandboxie.
    I am not bound to Norton but, I do have a relationship with Sandboxie.
    I'll drop Norton before I drop SBoxie.

Thanks for your interest and continued support

Looking for feedback re SBoxie compatibility with Norton Online vault.
    Hoping for feedback re SBoxie compatibility with new Norton products.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  4. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

I think the problem between Nortion and SBIE is not the antivirus itself but some of the extra features. So I would say that you are probably OK using Norton along SBIE but without the addons that conflict in your PC. I think just to name a couple of examples, Avast and MSE are working great along Sandboxie at this moment. Probably MSE is the best choice, its been maybe 5 years since there was a known conflict between the two programs. I know many people disregard MSE but that's what I install for my friends who listen to me about Sandboxie. I think ESET is also working well along SBIE right now. Probably most antiviruses work well along SBIE, its usually a toolbar, webguard or an addon from the AV that causes issues.

When you do your search about Norton at the SBIE forum, look for a thread from some lady shortly before Tzuk left. I feel for her but some of Norton's features just don't work with SBIE. I remember reading a post by Curt a couple of moths ago about looking into the problems with Norton, perhaps they already did and couldn't fix them. I don't know.

The Software compatibility settings are settings designed by Sandboxie to make known conflicts work better. But sometimes when a program that is listed in Software compatibility updates the program, this setting become useless and in fact, sometimes the program itself works better after the new update by not enabling the Software compatibility settings. I hope this helps, my friend.:)

Regards

Bo

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  5. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

Appears my Thread has received limited albeit notable response...

Looking for user feedback re SBoxie compatibility with Norton Online vault.
    Hoping for user feedback re SBoxie compatibility with new Norton products
    Norton Security / Norton Security w Backup v22

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.