Sandboxie with firefox and opera

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by Dark Shadow, Jan 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

I have been using firefox for a while now and moved away from IE7 unless in the need to use basis will I use IE. I have always had some slight delay openning my browser with sandboxie through fox or IE but seems to effect fox more then IE on my Vista. I gave opera a try tonight with sandboxie and it seems much better and responsive.I have tried opera in the past but never with Sandboxie.Maybe its just me but SB and opera seem to work better to gether at least on my system its like a match made in heaven.

2. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

How long does it take for a clean Firefox start in Sbie? It takes me 13 sec. from the time I hit the nag button in the free version until the browser appears. I suspect it's OA3 though causing the delay.

I'm running XP home with a Q6600 (quad core) @ 3Ghz and 4GB of RAM :rolleyes:

3. ambient_88

ambient_88 Registered Member

Firefox is just slow to load, especially from a cold start. Sandboxie adds a slight delay, but not by much. Also, subsequent loading of Firefox should be faster.

4. Dark Shadow

For me the a Cold start from the nag screen is about 10 seconds maybe a little more.warm start is about three or longer seconds with Fox but with opera at cold after the nag its about a couple of seconds and warm start is almost immediate.Nag screen will be gone soon even faster

5. Dark Shadow

Not here Opera is flying over fox on my rig.

6. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

Yeah, that's what mine is. 10-13 seconds. If I disable OA altogether and/or it's HIPS, it loads much faster.

I also tried IE and from a clean sandbox, it starts in about 10 sec. I may have to turn on Returnil and try Opera sometime.

7. Dark Shadow

well worth the seconds wait because once Tzuks baby is up and running it is just rock solid.

8. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

Opera and IE sandboxed 4 sec. in a cold start but then i have no scanners or whatsoever,just SBIE and NATrouter. If i fire up Returnil beforehand,its even faster.I have this light and secure setup now for a year and feel very comfortable with it. :D

9. ambient_88

ambient_88 Registered Member

I think you misunderstood what I said. It has nothing to do with Opera at all.

10. Dark Shadow

I think your correct,re read got it.

11. aigle

aigle Registered Member

All these things are highly subjective. The system which is slow for on user may be flying in the eyes of the other.

OS, system hardware, installed programs etc all matter as well. U can,t blame a single security application totally unless there is a real noticeable delay for most users on that machine.

12. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

No its not subjective,time anywhere in the world is just the same,some count 20 sec. others 4 sec. to get the browser fully functional so it really make a difference !(objective). May i guess the reason behind these huge differences ? Its all the bloated stuff that try to get the first hook on the connection,Since long abandoned all these interuptors so all my browsers are lightning fast !! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.