sandboxie v4 out Jan 10, 2013

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by soccerfan, Jan 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

Hi Easter, in earlier betas there was a similar situation were sandboxes did not delete, this issue got fixed in .06. I think you should report the problem you are seeing in the SBIE forum so Tzuk can take a look at it.....and fix it.:)

http://www.sandboxie.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=15209

Bo

2. wolfrun

wolfrun Registered Member

3. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Thanks for relaying that same issue "had' been previously reported. Since beta .07 is been replaced now i will test and examine it closely for any repeat occurance of it. Will surf over to Tzuk's forum more to touch base on this latest effort.

An Outstanding Program from an Outstanding Designer of it.

4. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Well, it's been 3 days I keep getting an error alert every time I start my browser (see attached screen shot). I'm on Windows 8 (64 bit) and Chrome. Once I close the alert everything seems normal, it's been happening with version 4.01.07 and V4.01.08. I will post on the SB forum as well.

Attached Files:

5. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

Seems like Tuzk has abandoned the development of Sandboxie. The last stable v3.76 was issued on 16 December 2012, about six months ago. This version has compatibility issues with Windows 8. It works with Windows 8 but it really doesn't.

Yes, I know that Tuzk has been very busy with v4, which is being completely redoing Sandboxie. Have tried for six months the beta v4 from 1 to 8, but it has big problems with Windows 8. Been back and forth to several times between the stable v3.76 and the v4 beta.

It would be nice in this interim of six month Tuzk can address some of the problems with Windows 8 and the stable v3.

I know I have put my hand in hornet's nest by writing the above. I know some are into man worship and others are into Sandboxie worship. But this extreme loyalty becomes the downfall of an excellent program, that one can never say anything about it.

Best regards,

P.S. I have said my peace and I will not respond to trash, as knives will be out in masses. It is about time a stable new v3 is issued in interim addressing Windows 8.

Last edited: May 17, 2013
  6. wat0114

wat0114 Registered Member

tzuk released 4.01.08 just a few days ago, and he has responded to posts in recent days, so it doesn't appear to be abandoned :doubt:

7. zmechys

zmechys Registered Member

Everyday problems with Sandboxie v.4.01.08 (64-bit) BETA - Windows 8.
    Almost impossible to use with Firefox. Currently using with Internet Explorer.

Sandboxie went from "excellent", "superb" to "buggy", "can't-use-anymore" in one month.
    What are we going to do?

SandboxieProblems.PNG

8. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

My post was for the sake of information and for Tzuk's knowledge. If somebody is trying to undermine his credibility as a dedicated developer, he is on his own, I don't believe it. MS has suddenly started churning out new OS's on a regular basis, therefore developers should be given a chance and the time to adjust to those changes

9. bo elam

Informing Tzuk about the problems you are experiencing increases the chances that they will get fixed soon. Using the latest beta, I don't have any issues in W7 and only one in XP. Issues I experienced earlier, were fixed after they were reported, I think posting in the SBIE forum about the problems you are experiencing is what you should do.

Bo

10. zmechys

zmechys Registered Member

It's only a big problem for the Windows 8 computers.

Please inform Tzuk about it, because it is "paranoically" difficult to use the Internet without Sandboxie.
    I'm currently using the sandbox from BitDefender.

sandboxieproblems.png

11. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

He knows about it, he is trying things out, and as far as I'm concerned my problem only appeared 4 days ago. It is still unresolved, and I reverted back to the stable version v 3.76.

Beta versions have bugs otherwise they wouldn't be called betas, it also appears that the problem is related to the latest MS monthly update (as a matter of fact I had it for 4 days) and therefore, if this is the case, Sandboxie cannot be held completely responsible.
    http://www.sandboxie.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=15469

12. Sampei Nihira

Sampei Nihira Registered Member

13. Sampei Nihira

Sampei Nihira Registered Member

14. chris1341

chris1341 Guest

15. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

Judging by tzuk's responses and frequent point releases, It looks like we might see a final release here soon.

Question is, how soon?

16. aladdin

I won't hold my breath.

17. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Beta 4.10 working ok here so far on Win x64 8. One mid-beta release raised some concern to do with deleting the sandboxes but that issue is since resolved fully. Great app and a nice long run so far.

Regards Easter

18. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

19. chris1341

chris1341 Guest

Yes, they have. Running well.

Just the incompatibility with Office 2013 in both 3.76 and all the betas to date outstanding now for me.

Cheers

20. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

It's good to hear it's been solved. I'll give it a try later, thanks.

21. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

I want to confirm that like the others it is business as usual with Sandboxie, no more errors with version .11.

22. aladdin

With Windows 8 it is full of error most of the time.

23. bo elam

Aladdin, my friend, go to the SBIE forum and report the errors that you are seeing in W8. Doing so helps to make SBIE better and compatible (without errors) with W8. In my personal case, I only have one issue in XP and none in W7, probably I would have more issues than that if I and other users had not reported problems that we saw in earlier betas. Most issues get resolved after getting reported. So, I ask you, stop complaining and help Tzuk in making Sandboxie V4 better.

Regards

Bo

24. aladdin

Hi Bo,

I am tried of reporting problems with Sandboxie betas and Windows 8 at Sandboxie forum and so lots of other people too. What Tzuk need to do is to come out with a stable version for Windows 8 as Windows 8 has been out for more than six months now. And, it was available as RC much, much longer than six months.

V4 is a great idea but there is an urgent need for a stable version to work with Windows 8 as all the betas are broken so far. BTW, working with betas is taking risks and not secure at all.

V3.76 is broken with Windows 8 too.

So, I am not sure what I am supposed to report?

To report betas are not working with Windows 8 for the last six months?

V3.76 is broken and doesn't work with Windows 8?

Am I supposed to take risks for more than six months and work with betas and keep on reporting the bugs?

It just boggles the mind.

Best regards,

Last edited: May 29, 2013
  25. bo elam

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.