Sandboxie / Super Ad Blocker?

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by pbw3, Dec 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pbw3

pbw3 Registered Member

Apols if this is basic - I am using Sandboxie (UAC Standard user on Vista 32 Business), and it works fine, except that I also use Super Ad Blocker to block ads and spyware..

However, with Sandboxie, Ad Blocker simply doesn't cut in at all, ie ads are allowed to load normally in the Sandbox. Am I missing something? NOD32 happily works alongside the Sandbox (ie blocks vulnerabilities it can see that the sandboxed browser would otherwise download), hence assumed Ad Blocker would work too and block the ads? If not on SAB, is this something relevant to other ad blockers, or is it just me!?

Many thanks..
    Peter

2. Max Zorin

Max Zorin Former Poster

I dont use either now, but tried them both once at the same time and had this problem. If memory serves, I believe i tried to get round the problem by running SAB in the sandbox - I have a vague memory that it crashed though - I may be wrong t give it a go, it may solve the prob! (you may need to run all components of SAB in the sandbox)

MZ

3. pbw3

pbw3 Registered Member

Yes, that worked...:)

Maybe not "good practice", but when I thought this might start to "fall away", I put a post in on the Sandboxie forum and this was the response:

http://sandboxie.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=29442#29442

..which worked a treat. I think I was guilty of assuming that Sandboxie was so intuitive to use I didn't need to do too much more than load it up! Will look further into options etc - it's looking excellent especially re ease of use - and from what is evident here and elsewhere..

Many thanks...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.