Sandboxie Settings for the Latest Adobe Reader

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by TheKid7, Jul 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

I just switched from FoxIt Reader to the latest Adobe Reader on one of my PC's. When I Force the Adobe Reader to Sandbox, the Adobe Reader will not close. I am using Internet Access Restrictions and Start/Run Access Restrictions. It appears that the stuff that usually loads in the right panel cannot load. I added acrord32.exe, acrobatinfo.exe and adobe_updater.exe to the allowed list of both Internet Access Restrictions and Start/Run Access Restrictions. What else do I need to do to solve this problem?

Thanks in Advance.

2. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

If something that needs to run in order for the PDF to be displayed is not being allowed in the Start/Run restrictions box, Sandboxie will issue a message. If you are not getting a message 1308 from Sandboxie, then it means you don't have to allow anything else in addition to what you are already allowing. I don't use Reader, I am using Foxit and its working great sandboxed. Why did you switch?

To check if a setting in the sandbox you are using for PDFs is messing things up, try running one in a default settings sandbox. Also, in case you are using Drop rights in your PDF sandbox (the one you are using now), I would disable it to see if it makes a difference.

Bo

3. TheKid7

On rare occasion I would not be able to properly open a pdf file in Foxit. I decided to switch on one of my PC's and see how Adobe performs.
    The default sandbox (no Restrictions and no Drop Rights) works. The default sandbox also works with Drop Rights enabled.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2013
  4. bo elam

Kid7, I think you might want to follow up this thread closely, the description of the problem seems to me pretty similar to your situation (problem deleting the PDF sandbox or closing the PDF). Perhaps, you should post there. Read the opening post and yesterdays post by the OP.

http://www.sandboxie.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=15878

Bo

5. mick92z

mick92z Registered Member

I can highly recommend Sumatra pdf reader. I have windows 7, SB 3.76 and Sumatra works wonderfully. I gave up Adobe for foxit, years ago. Foxit was foisting toolbar nonsense. Sumatra is very good. ( does for me anyway ) :)

6. bo elam

I switched to Foxit portable because of the toolbar garbage. It works great sandboxed and nothing like toolbars or anything else gets bundled.

Bo

7. TheKid7

I 'dumped' the Adobe Reader.

I installed PDF-XChange Viewer. I started having issues similar to the Adobe Reader issues. In frustration, I decided to make a new sandbox and delete the old sandbox. The new sandbox did not have the problems of the old sandbox. Both sandboxes seemed to have the same configuration. Very strange.

Now, I have the PDF-XChange Viewer working OK with Internet Access Restrictions, Start/Run Access Restrictions, Drop Rights enabled and PDF-XChange Viewer's exe 'Forced'. I had to add verclsid.exe to the both the Internet Access Restrictions and the Start/Run Access Restrictions.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.