Sandboxie safe to run Active X control?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by tonyseeking, Mar 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tonyseeking

tonyseeking Former Poster

I didn't lie at all. The truth is once I raised my concerns, tzuk began to get really defensive, and even aggressive and even edited my comments. He openly admitted to doing that on the forum by the way. Strange fellow indeed.

2. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I say, if you want to have some fun, lets go tease Ilya.Lol:cool:

There has to be a loop-hole in DefenseWall.;)

3. trjam

trjam Registered Member

tony, its cool, let it RIP. Ok? lets move on.

4. tonyseeking

You mean libel lol

Libel is anything written, while slander is anything spoken.

5. tonyseeking

Yeah, maybe good idea.

I have a gift, I get dreams of events that come true.

And the other night I dreamed I got banned from posting on Wilders :blink:

So I better stop :p

6. trjam

trjam Registered Member

sorry, LWM already has made my bed in the Time-Out room and I aint sharing. Thanks and take care my friend. Just as all partys in this thread are.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2009
  7. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Yep. Remember I said, I have never seen one.

8. Peter2150

And he should just show someone his source code. Stevetx is making bold claims. He can download the trial version and test it, and then present us with proof of his claim.

Somehow the term FUD is floating around my mind.

And just as a reminder TonySeekers claim of a sandbox breach was Sandboxie allowed him to recover a file from the sandbox and it ran outside the sandbox.

9. tonyseeking

Ok Peter, thanks.:thumb:

10. arran

arran Registered Member

I can't see why you need that, when all you need is the product itself and a malware samples.

provide us evidence with some malware samples which evade sandboxie

11. tonyseeking

Because Steve wants to check the code to find anything that may exist that has not been found yet. Know what I mean?

12. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

I don't think anyone knows..

13. majoMo

majoMo Registered Member

Very, very interesting... You are "assure you it is not safe". But... you "haven't really studied the design schematic of Sandboxie.". So you assure but... you haven't studied the issue. Uff... OMG.

If you say that install Active X sandboxed "is not safe" (and you can assure that), why you didn't give us a example to try? It's easy to do that! And for that it is not needed to have "studied the design schematic of Sandboxie". An example is enough - an example only!

For that isn't needed also that the SandboxIE'developer to have "be so kind to send me a registered version and source code". Why? Because you are assured that you have the prove yet! BTW, you don't need "a registered version and source code" to prove; it's enough to use the app. only....

Nobody needs to give you something; but you need to give the prove.

So easily.

P.S: A tip: it isn't needed to study too much...

14. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

I will say this I am no expert but I will take some credit for some malware testing I Have done with Sanboxie and have yet had anything escape it and I have posted some screens with some different poducts as well.I can say this for sure there is nothing funky going on with my OS and any scans afterwards always come back the same results-clean.know there very well may be somthing out there that may defeat it but have yet to find it.

15. tonyseeking

Steve knows a lot more than you, and his thinking is "outside of the box" of normal every day thought. So believe me, if Steve got his hands on the sandboxie source code, the Pandora box will be opened.

16. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

For a guy who's so damned sure of himself about Sandboxie's flaws, why are you even asking us about Active X controls breaking out? You SOUNDED like a person who had a legit concern because they are using the program, at first. Your history of bashing around Sandboxie and KNOWING there is some "pandoras box" waiting to be opened however, is making me think you're just starting crap to start it. All you've done is rile things up, bringing what WAS a legit question into another ranting thread.

If Steve is sure there are problems, he knows how to download the program and try it out. If YOU'RE sure there are these huge problems with it, why are you even asking about Sandboxie? I wouldn't go near the program if I thought there were major security issues with it.

17. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

With all the legitimate testers out there always putting all the various security programs thru the rack, if there were holes in Sandboxie we'd all know about it.

Acadia

18. tonyseeking

Maybe there are major security issues with it, but you don't know about yet.

Isn't that a possibility?

19. tonyseeking

Not always. There are pockets of time, some very lengthy, where people do not fully know what security issues are being breached until much later.

20. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Tony, I'm not bashing you this time, you do bring up a good point, but for malware out there at THIS time, it's holding its own quite well. There's been some issues, you bet, and there always will be issues no matter what the security product, who makes it, how many people work for them, what have you. The bad guys don't sit still, but luckily, neither does Tzuk. YOU don't know any other security issues with it right now either that aren't known by others, so please, try to refrain from making statements like "a pandoras box will be opened", because you don't have any facts to make that statement yet.

Now guys, let's get this back on track, the insults, fanyboyism, and claims that can't be backed up aren't going to do Tony or the rest of us any good.

21. tonyseeking

Ok dw426 :thumb:

22. Peter2150

Guy's I am beginning to think we are feeding the trolls here. Steve and Tony do feel free to not run Sandboxie.

I have a lot more confidence in some of the folks who've been working with sandboxie, then anything I've read against it here.

Bye

23. tonyseeking

Well that's what it comes down to.. I make a decision not to run it or run it.

And Peter, I do not feel the troll comment is justified or nice. I was truly genuinely asking about all this and whether ActiveX can escape the Sandbox.

Suffice to say, close the thread if you want. I don't need anymore information. I am simply not going to use sandboxie, because 1. I don't like the program. 2. I don't like the author.....:thumbd: :p

24. arran

arran Registered Member

Your the type who is driven by emotions instead of with Logic.

25. arran

arran Registered Member

You know I do agree that Steve might be able to find some security holes in Sandboxie and that Hackers can probably also find holes and create malware to evade sandboxie, just like any other product.

However at this point in time there is no "Known" malware on the internet which can jump out of sandboxie. Sandboxie atm is only used by a small number of people so therefore Hackers are not really interested in creating Malware which can bypass Sandboxie. And even if and when there is such Malware this is the reason why we have the multiple layers of security by having other security products installed as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.