Sandboxie,Returnil or GeSWall?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by RSpanky, Jun 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RSpanky

RSpanky Registered Member

Well after my softball game the wife I decided to go up to the cool country for a couple of weeks. And man was it nice, So I wanted to tell everyone Thanks for all the replies. But I think that I am going keep my current setup for awhile longer. Again Thanks

2. arjunned

arjunned Registered Member

DO u mean not to run an app/browser sandboxed as well as isolate under GeSWall. I run both but my browsers are isolated by sandboxie while some other app's are (which i'm not sure abt or just wanna test) are run sanboxed.
    To run an app sandboxed and isolated by Geswall is a big no-no. Otherwise you should be fine.
    Cheers.

3. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

I mean not to sandbox your browser with Sandboxie and have Geswall protecting the browser.
    Tried that combo some time ago,the result was a BSOD.

4. RSpanky

RSpanky Registered Member

LoneWolf, I want to Thankyou for your advise on my question in this thread

5. arjunned

arjunned Registered Member

I haven't had a BSOD at all and still using them both fine. I just dont sandbox and isolate together.

6. Wildest

Wildest Registered Member

Interesting... and what is your opinion on the strongest protection you can get with sacrificing functionality?

7. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

You're not asking me, but I bet I know the answer: Comodo D+ in Paranoid mode, hehe. You could also try SRP along with D+ Paranoid mode, that should lead to a loss of productivity for the less technically inclined, not to mention a trip to the mental ward.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.