Sandboxie: Resources to protect (ClosedPaths/ReadPaths)

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by zitzit, Oct 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zitzit

zitzit Registered Member

Hello everyone,

I 'm new to the Sandboxie World. Over the past few days, i 've been trying to configure my sandboxes based on some great ideas that i came across here, while reading some SB threads. Right now, i 'm trying to harden them by setting ClosedPaths and ReadPaths.

- Q1: How can i enhance/extend the following "basic" (i use it in all my sandboxes) set of paths?

ClosedFilePath=C:\Boot\ #Windows 7 Ultimate without "System Reserved" partition#
    ClosedFilePath=C:\PerfLogs\
    ClosedFilePath=C:\Windows\Sandboxie.ini
    ClosedFilePath=C:\Program Files\Sandboxie\Templates.ini
    ClosedFilePath=C:\Users\Default\
    ClosedFilePath=C:\Users\Public\
    ClosedFilePath=D:\ #Data Partition#
    ClosedFilePath=\Device\Mup\
    ClosedFilePath=!<InternetAccess>,InternetAccessDevices
    ReadFilePath=C:\autoexec.bat
    ReadFilePath=C:\config.sys
    ReadFilePath=%Start Menu%\Programs\Startup\
    ReadFilePath=C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
    ReadKeyPath=HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders
    ReadKeyPath=HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\
    ReadKeyPath=HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\
    ReadKeyPath=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders
    ReadKeyPath=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\
    ReadKeyPath=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\

- Q2: Is there any workaround in order to implement a "block-all-but" scheme?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.