Sandboxie Question

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by IronLock, Jun 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IronLock

IronLock Registered Member

I have two separate sandboxes within Sandboxie:

One sandbox is used for web browsing, and the contents are automatically deleted in this sandbox.

The other sandbox, is used for testing software, and the contents are not automatically deleted.

If I choose not to delete the contents of the sandbox used for testing software, would a keylogger for example, be able to communicate with the other sandbox, or even my system outside of the sandbox?

Thanks!

2. Ranget

Ranget Registered Member

yes if you didn't restrict the premission in the second sandbox settings

3. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

If you are doing something sensitive while browsing, make sure nothing is running in the testing sandbox. In other words, don't use both sandboxes at the same time. That would be the safest for you as you have it now.

In both sandboxes, use the File Access > Blocked Access setting to block sandboxed programs from reading your personal files and folders in your system.
    http://www.sandboxie.com/index.php?ResourceAccessSettings#file

Blocking access to files and deleting the sandbox is the way how SBIE helps to keep your personal information safe. If there is a keylogger now in your testing sandbox, it certainly can read your files unless you block access to them, when you are running the program that's installed in the testing sandbox.

Bo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.