Sandboxie question

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by dbknox, Oct 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbknox

dbknox Registered Member

I tried sandboxie the other day using my Thunderbird email program and later in the day when I tried to access Thunderbird, I got the "wizard" to help me set up Thunderbird. All my folders were gone and all my addresses.
    I don't know if this was caused by Sandboxie or not, but it was the only thing different that I had tried that day.
    Thank heavens I use TI and was able to mount an Image and retrieve my "TB profile folder".
    If this was caused by Sandboxie, maybe someone here can tell me what I did wong. I did clear the "default box" after logging off.
    Thanks in advance for any help.

2. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Did you configure SBIE for your email client based upon THIS FAQ at Sandboxie's website? If so, you might want to try again, this time using the instructions titled "Manual Configuration of Email Reader" on that same page.

Otherwise, I suggest you post your issue on SBIE's forum.

3. dbknox

dbknox Registered Member

bellgamin I did the changes and all is fine now.
    Good man, thanks for that link. I will have to join their forum.
    That is a scary thing for a first time user, a lot of people don't back up their email programs never mind take images.
    I do both!

4. HURST

HURST Registered Member

When I set up new programs or new accounts, I do it outside the sandbox. Only after that I start using apps sandboxed. Not really necesary with the right settings, but it can help avoid unnecessary problems.

5. dbknox

dbknox Registered Member

Mine was set up outside the sandbox, but without the changes made in Sandboxie settings ( see the link given by bellgamin) and changing them when I opened Thunderbird sandboxed and then closed thunberbird my profile would get blown away. This does't happen with my browser or any other program just my email program.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.