Sandboxie question

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by Drew99GT, Feb 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drew99GT

Drew99GT Registered Member

Yup, ANOTHER ONE!!!

Seriously, I'm getting used to it now and really love it. Once you understand the basic concept and how to use the SBIE control pane, it's pretty darn simple to use.

My question is this: I tried setting up direct access to Firefox bookmarks and history, but there is still several other things in the Firefox profile that would be easier if they had direct access, like auto complete, and some of my extensions, like session manager, don't work right.

Would it be a bad idea to just allow ONLY firefox.exe direct access to the profile folder, or would that make it vulnerable? If so, how can you set Firefox so it's safe but easy to use? I guess if malware to be named firefox.exe, then it could get through to my system, or perhaps not?

Thanks

Last edited: Feb 22, 2008
  2. LucasCreed

LucasCreed Registered Member

'Direct Access' settings don't apply to files in sandbox - so a malware would have to be called firefox.exe and be installed outside of the sandbox.

'Full Access' does not have this limitation - be careful with this setting :)

3. Drew99GT

Drew99GT Registered Member

Bump. Anyone else?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.