sandboxie problems

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by vinnyutd6899, Dec 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vinnyutd6899

vinnyutd6899 Registered Member

hi im new to sandboxie and need help!
    I installed it last night.
    just now I deleted everything in sandboxie and now all the passwords and bookmarks I have stored since last night have gone.
    I know there is probably a really easy solution to this but can someone explain to me what I have to do to stop this happening again cheers!

2. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

Re: sandboxie preblems

I'm new to it also but, as far as bookmarks (assume you mean Favorites as in Internet Explorer), you can go into settings and for Applications/Web Browser and check the box "Allow Direct Acess to Internet Explorer Favorites" and then marked favorites will persist after shutdown.

I never allow password storage but, then again, I have Roboform for that.

3. Reimer

Reimer Registered Member

It depends on what browser you use.

For example, I use Firefox and I like to keep history, cookies, bookmarks, and such while using Sandboxie.

So you go to your sandbox settings and go to

Resource Access -> File Access -> Direct Access

for firefox.exe, I add the following line that applies to my profile folder for Firefox

"%AppData%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\2dohm071.Default User\*.sqlite"

This line allows the Sandboxed Firefox to access my real profile folder and all the files that are in 'sqlite' format which Firefox version 3 and above uses for cookies, bookmarks, and history.

4. vinnyutd6899

vinnyutd6899 Registered Member

cheers guys i seem to have sorted the bookmark problem out in firefox, but im still having problems with cookies and saved bookmarks disappearing when i delete everything from sandboxie o_O

5. ambient_88

ambient_88 Registered Member

You can allow Sandboxie to access the profile folder of Firefox that is outside of the sandbox. Just go to:

Applications -> Web Browser -> Put a tick on "Allow Direct Access to Mozilla Firefox and SeaMonkey bookmarks"

Doing so would not wipe your saved bookmarks, even if you delete the contents of the sandbox.

6. rice4lunch

rice4lunch Registered Member

you can "recover files" first before you delete the sandbox.
    or you can allow direct access. these are all done in the settlings option. just play around with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.