Sandboxie - Newbie Setup

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by TheKid7, Aug 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

I am a Sandboxie Newbie (Registered). Please share your recommended configuration(s) for Sandboxie Newbies.

I have done the following:

1. Added firefox.exe and iexplore.exe to "Forced Programs".
    2. Added firefox.exe and iexplore.exe to "Internet Access" under "Resource Access".
    3. Checked the option to "Automatically delete contents of sandbox" under Delete/Invocation.
    4. Added a download folder under Quick Recovery.

I have seen the ini file modifications in other Posts on WildersSecurity but these may be confusing to many Newbies.

Thank you.

2. chrome_sturmen

chrome_sturmen Registered Member

You may want to enable immediate recovery, which allows you to recover downloaded files when they are created rather than having to manually evoke recovery or wait until the sandbox is deleted.

Under the applications/web browser tab, you may want to enable "allow direct access to mozilla firefox and seamonkey bookmarks":ninja:

3. Doodler

Doodler Registered Member

Do you want to protect any folders on your system from being accessed by programs in a sandbox (such as if you pick up a keylogger)? If so, then you would want to identify them via Blocked Access.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2008
  4. chrome_sturmen

chrome_sturmen Registered Member

Good recommendation doodler- I may experiment with that myself. :shifty:

5. fce

fce Registered Member

i included my drive D (Data folders) via Blocked Access.....lets see what will happen

6. fce

fce Registered Member

do i need to sandbox my outlook?

is there a feature from sandboxie (the same as Defensewall "go banking") that let me do banking online more safer?

7. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

What will happen is simple. You won't be able to access them while sandboxed. Want to try. Run Windows Explorer sandboxed and try and see.

8. Doodler

Doodler Registered Member

Running Outlook in a sandbox will contain any malware in infected email attachments. http://www.sandboxie.com/index.php?EmailProtection

No. For banking, I set up a separate sandbox with default settings plus the following: The only program that is permitted to run in that sandbox is my browser, and I block access to sensitive folders.

9. fce

fce Registered Member

yeah its access denied.

btw, i just found out this error message in Event Viewer....any info?

code integrity determined that the image hash of a file is not valid. the file could be corrupt due to unathorized modification or the invalid hash could indicate a potential disk device error.

\Device\HarddiskVolume2\Program Files\Sandboxie\SbieDrv.sys

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.