Sandboxie Beta 3.61.02

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by The Seeker, Nov 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Seeker

The Seeker Registered Member

Sandboxie Beta 3.61.02.

Many fixes, including the ability to add direct access to sync data for Google Chrome. This fix has rectified the problem I had with deleted bookmarks reappearing after restarting the browser.

2. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Thanks for the heads up.
    Installed on two computers.
    :thumb:

3. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Good god,its officail Tzuk is not human,he is a robot.

4. lws

lws Registered Member

Thanks here as well.

5. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

6. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Got it,thanks Lonewolf.

7. ExtremeGamerBR

ExtremeGamerBR Registered Member

8. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

9. ExtremeGamerBR

10. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

so is there any chance that mbam and spyshelter maybe considered in the security application list in sandboxie in the upcoming betas for better compatibility...

11. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

Something like an AV needs full read and write access. What restrictions would you want to apply to it via sandboxie that would still allow it to work?

12. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

I see...but I thought as there are some non AVs listed along with the AVs under the security/privacy, mbam and spyshelter would be good additions...it does say improve the use of sandboxie with your other applications by selecting them from the list below...

I don't know....I just saw spyshelter, defensewall, etc included in the security/privacy list...I didn't know mbam and spyshelter do not need full read and write access to work properly inside a sandboxed app...

13. chris1341

chris1341 Guest

There will only be entries for products that conflict with Sandboxie. Do the ones you are looking for cause you issues?

I'm not sure the full read/write access thing is the main issue. Even products that conflict badly with Sandboxie without the compatibility templates in place can usually still read into/scan etc the Sandbox.

IMO it is more to do with Sandboxie and the other product trying to implement similar protection on the same app. As Sandboxie's protection is so comprehensive and it does not care whether the product trying to get in is good or bad so compatibility issues arise.

If you use the browser as an example many security products try to 'harden' the browser, as a known threatgate, as well as their standard blacklisting, HIPS etc however Sandboxie has already wrapped the browser in an extremely comprehensive protective layer making the potential for conflict or loss of functionality in one or other product reasonably high. To use one of your examples Spyshelter may try to manipulate the browser to prevent key logging or screen manipulation/capture. When it is also sandboxed problems may arise as Sandboxie prevents that activity.

This is usually resolved by Tzuk identifying what paths he needs to open in his product to accomodate the other conflicting app (lets face it the big boys won't change for him). Rather than tell users how to do it he writes them into templates that users can select.

It's not only security apps - readers, office, password managers, accessability aids all try to change the behaviour of sandboxed apps and therefore some tweaking of Sandboxie is required.

No template either means the issue is unidentified, it can't be resolved (will be in the known conflicts list http://www.sandboxie.com/index.php?KnownConflicts) there is no issue I would think.

Cheers

14. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

ah! I understand now. Thx chris1341 for explaining so clearly :D ....
    btw, I don't see any conflicts between sandboxie with either spyshelter or mbam except for when I block access and make folders read-only, mbam shows error in loading database...so I guess that's why they are not listed...prob solved...finally I can have a peace of mind :cool: .......

15. LoneWolf

16. The Seeker

The Seeker Registered Member

17. operamail

operamail Registered Member

Sandboxie version 3.62 Released:)

18. ExtremeGamerBR

Released on 23 November 2011.

These are the changes to Sandboxie since version 3.60.

This version is primarily a bug-fix release which resolves a few issues reported in version 3.60.

Bug Fixes

Sandboxie Control would crash if one of the Quick Recovery folders is a reparse point
    Sandboxie Control would not forget its window size and position in a multiple monitor setup.
    A file that matches a direct access setting could be handled incorrectly (1) if renamed to a name which no longer matches any direct access settings; or (2) if its parent folder did not exist outside the sandbox.
    Direct access exclusions to window class names would not always apply under 64-bit Windows.
    Incorrect handling of access to files in the sandbox using a file ID rather than a file name.
    Improved dropping of files into the Firefox and Google Chrome web browsers in a drag-and-drop scenario.
    On Windows Vista and Windows 7, installation of ActiveX components that involve running an EXE file were not elevated correctly.
    Programs running in the sandbox were not able to manage taskbar thumbnail buttons on Windows 7.
    Fixed an incompatibility with the Fault Tolerant Heap on Windows 7.

Improved compatibility with other software

Sandboxie will automatically run the Software Compatibility when new software is installed.
    Security software: Home-Guard Activity Monitor, FortKnox Firewall, F-Secure 2012
    Browsers: Scrapbook add-on, FoxNotes add-on, Windows Search for IE 8, Chrome Sync Data feature.
    Utilities: Typing Assistant, FeedDemon
    Hardware: N-Trig DuoSense tablet software, nVidia Stereoscopic 3D Driver

19. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Thank you, updated this morning.

20. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

Nice, thanks. :cool:

Bo

21. LoneWolf

Downloaded. :D
    Thanks for the heads up. :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.