SandboxIE best practice

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by newbino, Feb 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newbino

newbino Registered Member

Hi, I apologize in advance if this thread is in the wrong section, or if its title is not clear.

Basically, I have been using SB to great satisfaction in the last few months for my browser, and more recently I have included my email program as well.

What I am wondering is what other kind of apps are people using SB for, and with what benefit.

thanks

Last edited: Feb 24, 2008
  2. Drew99GT

Drew99GT Registered Member

Yahoo IM and Limewire. It's nice to have downloads in a sandbox where you can scan them with your antivirus/antispyware and if there's something there, empty the sandbox!

3. Hermescomputers

Hermescomputers Registered Member

I use it with WinAmp as I had troubles with it pulling hostile web content in the background before... Now no risk at all...
    Watching Internet streamed TV shows in winamp is also safe within a sandboxie session.

I use the linkscanner Pro console to scan hostile sites within Sandboxie also, so far never had a glitch... (I just wish Linkscanner detected more of the hostiles...)

4. newbino

newbino Registered Member

Ok, so I guess, in order of priority of usage
    1. browser
    2. email
    3. p2p & messaging
    4. any streaming app

basically it can be used with any interenet using application. I am wondering if anybody uses SB also for different purposes, eg keeping a folder locked from some non-internet apps...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.