Sandboxie and Waterfox

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by woomera, Dec 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. woomera

woomera Registered Member

im a firefox user and been using it with the support of sandboxie and since i really dont like to wait for mozilla to create an x64 version and i recently came across Waterfox which is a 64bit version of firefox and it even uses the firefox profile. also runs firefox.exe inside its folder i noticed.

so my question is this is 64bit browser, do i still need sandboxie for better security or as a 64bit software it doesnt need it?
    and if yes how can i set sandboxie to work with this? i imagine it must be easy since the process name is still firefox.exe and profile folder remains the same.

thanks for any info :)

2. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

I would still use sandboxie. You still need it regardless if its 64 bit or not. All you have to do is add it to forced programs ( if you have the paid version). I don't know much about waterfox but sandboxie will still give you that much more security.

3. woomera

woomera Registered Member

since the process name still remains firefox.exe i checked sandboxie scripts and they seem to be based on the name only so i just ran it using default profile and tried to apply some changes like adding bookmarks, closed waterfox and deleted profile contents and ran waterfox again. all changes were saved :)
    so i guess i dont need to change anything or add new scripts. i have also enabled experimental 64 bit protection, no problems yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.