Sandboxie and DefenseWall

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by n8chavez, Jun 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

There appear to be no compatability issue with SBIE and the newest release of DW. That being said, I am interested in how Wilders users that use both products have them configured to compliment eachother. Do you run all internet apps 'boxed', or is DW there just for on-demand 'boxing' and SBIE termination protection. What's your config?

Thanks,

Nate

2. MikeNAS

MikeNAS Registered Member

You can run apps untrusted and same time sandboxed or set Sandboxie to untrusted list. With Sandboxie in untrusted list app is untrusted and sandboxed plus Sandboxie is untrusted. Any time you run something inside of Sandboxie it's same time untrusted. I have tested both ways.

3. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

That what I thouht I would do; add SBIE to the DE untrusted list. But whenever I do DW goes nuts with disk activity that seems to never stop, as you can see below. That does not happen when SBIE is not added to DW lists.

Attached Files:

• DW.png
      DW.png
      File size:
      168.3 KB
      Views:
  4. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I have some problems too with this combination and other users too according my readings. Maybe MikeNAS ignores these problems or fixed them somehow without telling us what he did. ;)
    I kept DW and uninstalled SB until I'm in the mood for another attempt.
    Why I kept DW ? SB makes objects visible and that is an advantage, if you are interested in malware. DW works more quietly.
    I'm not interested in looking at malware, my only goal is to get rid of it asap.

The same happens when you combine Returnil and FDISR. This combination causes a problem in the function "Boot to snapshot", all the rest is normal.
    If you can live with that, you don't consider it as a problem anymore and then Returnil+FDISR = good. If you can't live with that, Returnil+FDISR = not good. Different users, different principles. :)

Last edited: Jun 8, 2008
  5. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

I have no problem as you described,both Returnil and FDISR for months without any hiccup. o_O

6. ErikAlbert

That's because you ignored the problem of "Boot to snapshot".
    I combined Returnil and FDISR myself, so I KNOW and it has been confirmed by other users and Leapfrog.
    I only mentioned this as an example to illustrate how users look at problems in a different way. Let's stop this old discussion otherwise we go OT.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2008
  7. MikeNAS

MikeNAS Registered Member

I have some problems too and then I think about a little bit. Why the hell I don't trust Sandboxie too?! Of course I trust so I run Sandboxie trusted with DefenseWall.

8. ErikAlbert

OK. I will try that one, when I'm back in the mood, after all I paid for both. I didn't mind the money, because both are evergreens like AE. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.