Sandboxie and allowing direct access to entire Chrome profile

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by Page42, Aug 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Sandboxie has a setting that, if checked, allows direct access to the entire Chrome profile folder.
    Can anyone elaborate for me how that impacts everyday browsing with Chrome in SBIE?
    Will some things not work, or perhaps not stick, because direct access to the profile is denied?
    From reading the SBIE forum, it looks as though having the profile folder access enabled, a user opens himself up to things like FunMoods.
    What are the effects of having this setting unchecked?
    And also, on a similar note, what can anyone tell me about SBIE having (or not having) direct access to Chrome sync data?
    Thanks.

SBIE Chrome settings.jpg

2. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Hi Page,
    waiting for some expert to reply to your specific questions I have SB configured with only "Allow direct access to Google Chrome bookmarks". I have never experienced any problems with Chrome that would require less restrictions.

3. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Hi Osaban,
    I might reconfigure my settings to match yours, i.e. only access to Chrome bookmarks. Maybe I have had to much access allowed. :)

4. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

Thats what I would do if I was using Chrome.
    In my opinion, Sandboxie works better. Sandboxing is not bypassed to allow changes to the profile folder while sandboxed.
    That setting is for users that like to allow changes to the browser while running sandboxed. Thats not me. I don't want any changes to my browser while sandboxed, except saving bookmarks.

Bo

Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
  5. DBone

DBone Registered Member

I only have bookmarks and cookies allowed. That way I can maintain my browser without having to launch it out of the sandbox. The only time I have to launch out of the sand box is to update the browser itself, and extensions/plugins.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.