Sandboxie Acquired by Invincea

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by ad18, Dec 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

I think Sandboxies free version is like a stepping stone. By sandboxing the browser, after a while, most users come to realize that SBIE does indeed keep the computer from getting infected. And then, you should want more from Sandboxie. Anyway, I just described what happened with me.

After using Sandboxies free version for six months, I wanted more from SBIE. And that's exactly what I got when I licensed my Sandboxie. I think the way Tzuk designed that the free version gives you exactly same protection as the paid version is the right way of doing things. And then if you want to make Sandboxie automatic, you pay and buy the license.

When I was looking at programs that were proactive that did not use signatures, I looked at Defense wall at the same time as Sandboxie. I liked both programs but the main reason why I decided on testing Sandboxie first was because it had a free version that did not expire after 15 days. Later, I also bought a DW license but by that time, I had already become a full time SBIE user for life.

Bo

2. chrcol

chrcol Registered Member

I see it both ways.

The problem with annual renewals is they too expensive, on the other hand one wonders how a company stays afloat if they only sell lifetime licenses and nothing else.

Many times annual pricing stops me buying altogether.

3. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

chrcol, the special sales has not started yet.

Bo

4. Mr.X

Mr.X Registered Member

Imho they aren't that expensive. On the other hand they stay afloat due to Invincea's other lines of security products, primarily for corporate customers. There they find the revenue needed to survive.

5. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

I feel the same. Great product and great deal.

6. chrcol

chrcol Registered Member

The way I determine if annual is cheap or not is I first decide what a product is worth and then divide that by 5, 95% of the time annual pricing is more then that.(this applies to all software I am not just talking about sandboxie). If its a per pc license then I divide it again by three. For me a product that is one pc only and annual has to be low single figures per year.
    Sandboxie annual is barely half of lifetime as an example.

On the case of sandboxie who have corp customers fair enough I agree.

7. chrcol

chrcol Registered Member

Yeah seems I pulled trigger too quick, I seen a message saying it ending soon so I ordered. Now I ordered too early. :(

8. Craig who? :)

9. Email support@sandboxie.com w/ your Ref # and I can do that for you.

10. I keep this forum window open all the time.. usually lurking..because things crop up here before everyone pounces over the SBIE forum..so I like to get ahead of anything ;) We like the feedback.

11. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

Respectfully disagree. Term license = loyalty tied to license term.
    Sandboxie has no equal. I'm married to Sandboxie.
    Marriage = lifetime license.
    M2C YMMV

12. Yes, Lifetime License doesn't, in the long run, provide us with continuing revenue for development, but there are other ways to get that. Loyalty IS important.

13. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

This promotion includes the following:
    Sandboxie - Home Use Lifetime License (1 Computer) ($20.97)
    Sandboxie - Home Use Annual Subscription (1 Computer, 1 Year) ($12.57)
    Sandboxie - Home Use Lifetime License (3 Computers) ($29.97)

14. Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2016
  15. paulderdash

paulderdash Registered Member

16. paulderdash

paulderdash Registered Member

17. login123

login123 Registered Member

Thanks, Stapp.
    Sandboxie is a must have software, imho. :)
    Will get it when the PayPal issue resolves.

18. PaleDark

PaleDark Registered Member

Same issue for me.
    But I changed browser (Chrome to Firefox) and it goes through...
    Not sure if it is the browser issue.

19. wolfrun

wolfrun Registered Member

Have been using Sandboxie for 5 years now. (thanks to Bo :cool:) who got me hooked on this gem. This is the best software that you will ever invest in, so if you get the chance to purchase Sandboxie especially since the life time license is at a reduced rate.........don't hesitate ...get it, you will be glad you did.

20. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Reading this made me check my records, wolfrun. Like you, it's been 5 years for me... purchased in Dec of 2010.
    Best security program I ever put on my machines.

21. Looks as if Cleverbride / and PayPal for Cleverbridge is getting hammered. Which is good I guess. You'll just have to keep trying if you cannot get through :)

The promo is for Sunday (Today) based on Eastern Time. There was a lot questions about VMs, etc and does that use one of the keys. Techically, a VM should be a licesned independant machine. It's how MS see's it..and the SBIE key see's that the same way. Can we work with you? Sure. You'd have to post over in our forum or better, email Support@sandboxie.com -

22. Wellies

Wellies Registered Member

Been using Sandboxie for 10 years. I have a lifetime license. However, I am 71 now and don't know how much longer that means I'll need it. I hope to find a way of taking it with me when I go. :)

23. wolfrun

wolfrun Registered Member

:thumb: Page. You actually have me beat by a month. 2011 here. And, yes best security program ever put on my machine also. A lot of security programs have fell by the wayside since the days of Win 98 here...but from XP 'till now, Sandboxie has been my flagship.
    :argh: I got ya beat by a couple of years.;) I'm putting Sandboxie in my Will. Probably will be more valuable than any of my other assets.:D

24. Jarmo P

Jarmo P Registered Member

I think that is a good offer for any of you wanting to get a bargain offer, be it annual or lifetime license. Myself nowadays only the free Sandboxie user. From that link you get directed to cleverbridge that is what handles the SBIE purchases. Be in mind that that you need to add VAT price and your Sandboxie coupon code offers like 25% that you have been given in your email won't work if you want renew.

Anyways, it is bargain if you need have more than the free version can offer :) So go act fast, if you want to have the license. It is only today hehe.

25. Ha! Hmm. I'm guessing those Lifetime / All the computers you own licenses are worth their weight in Platinum. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.