Sandboxie Acquired by Invincea

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by ad18, Dec 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

Hi Fleischmann, I think you guys using the newer versions of Office with features that dont work under SBIE should post about the issues at the SBIE forum. I agree with you, fixing this compatibility issues are very important but if no one post about them at the SBIE forum, Invincea is not going to work on them. Its probably been six or ten months since anyone mentioned anything about them at the forum. Do it, Fleischmann:cool:.

Bo

2. meatouph

meatouph Guest

Do you guys use Adguard? What is your experience using Adguard and sandboxed browsers?

3. Compu KTed

Compu KTed Registered Member

Anyone having issues with latest version of Flash plugin with Sandboxie. This just started
    when I updated Flash. Tried it in both Sandboxie 4.12 and 4.14. Message from Sandboxie is
    Plugin-container.exe needs Start/Run access, however that has already been granted.
    Screen basically freezes and not able to play any videos. Last version of flash before update
    had no issues in playing videos. If I run browser unsandboxed with flash then it works, but not
    what I prefer to do.

4. bo elam

I think I know how you can fix that. You can test what I am going to tell you while running sandboxed, if it works for you then do it out of the sandbox. Open about:config and change "browser.newtab.url" to about:blank.

Bo

5. bo elam

I dont know if you read this or if you are the same guy who posted it but this post about Adguard was posted early today at the Sandboxie forum. I never used Adguard so I cant tell you anything based on personal experience using the program. I use Adblock plus, works fine sandboxed, never an issue for me.
    http://forums.sandboxie.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=19765

Bo

6. Compu KTed

Compu KTed Registered Member

That particular about:config setting is the default string in my browser. The problem was with an IPC Access
    setting in Sandboxie that needed changing that I was experimenting with. Everything working and back to playing videos.
    Thanks bo for responding and offering to help.

7. bo elam

Beta 4.15.1 is available.:)

Fixes in 4.15.1

1) Major redesign of hooking/injection code. ASLR is now enabled for 64 bit.

2) VC Redistributables are no longer downloaded by the combined 32/64 installer. The required VC DLLs are now included in the installer binary (which is why it is much larger now).
    http://forums.sandboxie.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=49&p=104534#p104534

Bo

8. FleischmannTV

FleischmannTV Registered Member

Thank you for the update, bo. Installed this right away. Funnily I couldn't access the thread while I was logged in, I had to log out to be able to view it.

9. Mr.X

Mr.X Registered Member

Thanks for the heads up Bo, lol

10. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

So that's the secret. I couldn't access it either. Just proves my point with computers. When logic fails, try the illogical. Usually works.

11. FleischmannTV

FleischmannTV Registered Member

Yes, Peter. I was hit by a photon torpedo fired from a cloaked Klingon Bird-of-Prey right after that.

12. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

ROFL!!!

13. wolfrun

wolfrun Registered Member

Updated to Beta 4.15.1 and running well here. Windows 7 64bit.

14. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Running on my two W7 x 64 machines. TY for the heads up, Bo.

15. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Thanks Bo, no probs so far on my win 8...

16. bo elam

Nice to know, Osaban.:cool:

A few Chrome users are experiencing a crash when Drop Rights is enabled in Sandbox settings. To figure out this crashes, Invincea needs a crash report from users who have experienced a crash. Since Chrome doesn't make the needed crash reports, Invincea is making Sandboxie create one. Beta 4.15.2, released today. :)

Fixes in 4.15.2

1) More changes to hooking code. If you have been having problems with starting applications (particularly games) under Sandboxie, see if this fixes the problem.

2) Chrome should now be able to create dump files (DMP) if it crashes. If you have been crashing with dropped rights in Chrome, see if there are DMP files in C:\Sandbox\<user>\DefaultBox\user\current\AppData\Local\CrashDumps.
    http://forums.sandboxie.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=19837#p104534

Bo

Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
  17. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Gee, it goes quickly... On Win 8 (64bit) I can now open Word documents and Power Point, but not Excel (Office 2013). Not a problem really, as I usually use SB for Chrome or IE.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
  18. bo elam

Osaban, for testing, you can disable Drop rights in the sandbox where you run Excel to see if it runs.

Bo

19. deBoetie

deBoetie Registered Member

Is this App-V you're using? Or msi install?

20. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Thanks, but I've never had 'Drop Rights' enabled on my systems...

21. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

I'm sorry, I don't understand your question, what is App-V and msi install?

22. deBoetie

deBoetie Registered Member

Sorry, the App-v is a form of application virtualisation used for retail versions of Office 2013/365. It's what enables you to load O365 on demand on multiple machines. As far as I understood, that did not play well with Sandboxie, so I wondered if they had fixed that with this latest release....

23. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

I have Office Professional Plus 2013, as I said I can open Word documents, Power Point presentations, but for some reasons with Excel it doesn't work. Furthermore if I can't create a new Word document or PP presentation sandboxed...
    I've just discovered that I can easily sandbox Outlook.

24. bo elam

Great idea to sandbox Outlook, Osaban. Why cant you create a Word document sandboxed? If you can run Word sandboxed and you said you can, I cant think of a reason why you cant create the document. I should be able to figure this one out:thumbd:, tell me what you doing to create the document while in the sandbox:). Is it that you cant recover it?

Bo

25. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Actually Bo I've managed to do it. The problem with Office programs is that unlike others they never offer any 'Shell Integration',"Run Sandboxed" for files and folders in Windows Explorer is not available for any type Office shortcut . What actually seems to work is "Program Start/Forced Programs/winword.exe". My mistake was the wording, namely instead of [winword], I was always using [word.exe].

I suppose that is more critical to sandbox a received word document than one that I create. Your input is always greatly appreciated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.