Sandboxie Acquired by Invincea

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by ad18, Dec 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

2. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

5.12 RC

3. Sandboxie Support

Sandboxie Support Registered Member

4. Mr.X

Mr.X Registered Member

Then why this info is not in the changelog.

5. Sandboxie Support

Sandboxie Support Registered Member

Because it works in other browsers w/o alteration of the .ini. It was first found in Hangouts, The change log only applies to items that were changed.= 1) QWaveDrv pipe (google hangouts) is set to open by default. So that's a correct change log.

6. bo elam

Yes, Curt told me that. In my case use I don't need the setting for Firefox or IE in my W7 or XP. :)

Bo

7. bo elam

Mister X. Old existing sandboxes are not affected by this change. In new sandboxes you create, the setting is applied by default but you can disable it by unticking "Allow direct access to qwave driver..." in Sandbox settings>Miscellaneous. When the setting is in place, you can see it reflected in Sandbox settings>Resource access>File access>Full access. As of now, I don't need the setting so I am unticking it if I create a new sandbox.

Bo

8. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

Thanks Bo!

9. bo elam

You are welcome, bjm. I think Invincea set the setting the way is now so users who visit sites that require access to the Microsoft driver don't have problems. The gain is an smoother browsing experience for many users.

For a while, there were many posts at the SBIE forum related to the qWave driver, this kind of posts have stopped since the setting was first implemented in 5.11.4. This particular issue started with Google hangouts but supposedly, other sites besides Google Hangouts recently have also started to use this Microsoft driver, that's the reason for the setting. But anyway, you don't need the setting? you can disable it.:)

Bo

10. bo elam

Sandboxie 5.12 has officially being released. :)
    http://www.sandboxie.com/index.php?AllVersions
    http://www.sandboxie.com/index.php?DownloadSandboxie

Version changes
    http://www.sandboxie.com/index.php?VersionChanges#v_5.12

Version 5.12
    Released on 16 June 2016.

• Microsoft Office 2013/2016/365 ClickToRun is now supported for paid users.
    • Chrome 52 is now supported.
    • Sandboxed applications are no longer allowed to change the system power configuration.
    • Environment variable USERNAME now shows proper username instead of "SYSTEM" in sandboxed applications.
    • Added qWave driver (Google Hangouts, and other websites) to templates.ini under Applications->Miscellaneous
    • The new, faster loader code developed for Windows 10 is now used for Win 8.0 & 8.1.
    • Fixed 2 Excel clipboard related crashes
    • Fixed Win 10 FR 14328 issue with WOW64 applications crashing.
    • Fixed Win 10 FR 14316 BSOD.
    • Fixed Win 10 FR 14316 (SBIE1113 Cannot find Nt system service, reason MASTER TABLE).
    • Fixed Win 10 FR 14295 crash in Chrome & FF.
    • Fixed Win 10 FR Build 14279 (SBIE1113 Cannot find Nt system service, reason MASTER TABLE)
    • Fixed rare printing crash in Chrome-32 under Win 10-64.
    Bo

11. bo elam

5.12 is looking good in W7 and XP. :cool:

Bo (is happy)

12. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

It feels faster on Win 8...

13. Overkill

Overkill Registered Member

I was watching a video and got this error. I'm using 5.12

Attached Files:

14. bo elam

All my programs are running smooth, Osaban. Sandboxie 5.12 is Rocky mountain high. :cool:

Bo

15. bo elam

Thats one Sandboxie message you can Hide and forget about if the video, the program you are running sandboxed or whatever you are doing sandboxed continues to work properly despite hiding the message. I being hiding one of those (SBIE message 2203) for years for the old version of KMPlayer that I use. The player works great sandboxed despite being old and hiding same message you are getting.

So, if you hide the message and the video still plays correctly, everything works fine, hide the message and don't mind it.

Bo

16. Overkill

Yea it kept playing fine so I'll just hide it. Thanks Bo

17. bo elam

You are welcome :). If there is a real problem, you will get to see it even after hiding the message. So, be in the lookout but I doubt you ll experience a real issue cause its likely you would have seen it by now if there was one. Enjoy your videos, Overkill

Bo

18. guest

guest Guest

I do the same with the "gui proxy" alert; but in a pure theoretical point of view, that should be fixed somehow; we assume that all is fine, but who knows... if there is an alarm , means something is wrong.
    Logically, you can't permit this to happen and keep going as if nothing happen.
    As if an AV flag a potential threat and you discard the alert because "all still run fine"...few of us will allow that.
    Any vendors will fix that. We can see that Sandboxie has a lot of hassle with Win10.

19. bo elam

Ignore.

Bo

20. Overkill

Thanks again Bo

21. Overkill

I do agree that it should be looked at and not ignored, but other than the alert I see no other problems.

22. guest

guest Guest

That is the basics, not seeing a problem doesn't mean it is absent or may not impact the reliability of a software; i'm not a coder so i don't know the causes and effects of this. I assume it is minor , since it seems not fixed since several versions.

23. Overkill

Yes it's quite annoying to constantly have the same thing happening version after version.

24. bo elam

Overkill, you were probably watching a high quality video in YouTube and your memory or CPU usage went very high. Thats probably what triggered your SBIE 2203. It is rare to get that message when watching high quality videos running sandboxed in YouTube but it could happen, I never experienced, but in my opinion, that's the probable reason for you getting the message when you were watching that video. Did your browser freeze? Did your browser crash? Did your system BSOD? If the answer is no to all those questions, then you take that particular message as information, hide it, relax, and forget about it. :)

If the answer is yes to any of those questions, then yes, you might have an issue thats worth looking at it. To troubleshoot, step one is eliminate possible conflicts. To do that you start by uninstalling the rest of security programs you are using. And see what happens afterward. Conflicts can cause high CPU/memory.

Bo

25. Overkill

No, none of those things you mentioned ever happens when I get errors like that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.