Sandboxie 4.03 beta released

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by chris1341, Jun 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

Hi Kid7, in my case, I only allow internet and Start/Run access to the programs when it is required in order for them work. For example, PDF readers don't need internet so I only allow my PDF reader to run.

Whenever I am restricting a sandbox, I always try to maintain a good balance between usability and security. I would not use a sandbox that is so restricted that it becomes unusable to use. All my sandboxes are well restricted and I feel very comfortable using them. You need to find the perfect balance.

Bo

2. wolfrun

wolfrun Registered Member

Best regards to you also my friend. Good to see you helping so many here and in the Sandboxie forum with Sandboxie problems as you had helped me a few years back. Keep up the good work as am sure it's all well appreciated here in Wilders and in the Sandboxie forum also....and by Tzuk as well. :thumb:

3. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Hi Bo,
    I wanted your opinion as to why you and others are so concerned about sandboxing programs such as Word and Excel. Is it very common to receive infected documents using these programs?

4. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

5. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Thanks. It certainly looks scary to read about infected systems. Basically it boils down to making sure anything entering the system is clean. I use Word and PowerPoint a lot within my computers, but when I receive third party presentations through flash drives, I prefer to use Shadow Defender and scan the suspicious files with several scanners. Well to each their own.

6. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

Ahhh ok, thanks, appreciate it :D :thumb:

7. emmjay

emmjay Registered Member

Updated SBIE to 4.02 and was constantly getting 0XC0000142 application popup (DLL initialization failed) 0X75545900 every time I opened Chrome sandboxed (no problem opening FF or any other program). I cleared all browsing history and cookies, rebooted but the problem persisted. I uninstalled SBIE and reinstalled 4.02. Checked Chrome for latest release, rebooted. The same problem came back but only with Chrome. I installed 4.03 beta and the problem went away completely. Been using it now for 2 days. Looking good.

8. Wendi

Wendi Registered Member

Sandboxie 4.03.04 (beta) has been released...

-http://www.sandboxie.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=15836-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.