Sandboxie 322 installer refuses to be deleted

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by Horus37, Jan 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Horus37

Horus37 Registered Member

I downloaded and installed sandboxie 322 and everything is working fine. However, when I go to delete the sandboxie installer it goes to the recycle bin and then I empty the recycle bin. Still no problem. However, when I reboot the machine the program reappears right where it was before like it was never deleted. Strange and scarey. What's going on here?

2. MitchE323

MitchE323 Registered Member

I believe you are confusing the installation file with a shortcut that Sandboxie places on your desktop, and that shortcut reappears after deleting it. You can stop that on the Shell Integration page in the Sandboxie Control.

3. Horus37

Horus37 Registered Member

No I figured out the desktop icon that regenerates itselt if you delete it. That wasn't it. I was recreating so many new snapshots with fdisr that I think I must have lost track of which snapshots I deleted the sandboxie installer from. I tried to redo this and put the installer back and delete it. Worked fine. Just for safe measure I've disabled all my recycle bins. It's easy to get confused when you create and delete a bunch of snapshots so I think that is what really happened. I'm trying to pin down an error from another completely different program unrelated hopefully to sandboxie and so I was forced to create and delete a bunch of snapshots to try to isolate this seperate issue and that was when I thought I noticed that the sandboxie installer kept reappearing. HEY it was late and I was tired and frustrated. I will keep investigating but this case is closed as I don't think this installer issue is a problem at all now after my tests.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.