Sandboxie 3.70 Released

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by TheKid7, May 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

Sandboxie 3.70 was released on May 28, 2012.

Changes:
    http://www.sandboxie.com/

2. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

SBIE 3.70 has updated to include ability to browse to other hard drivers to create shortcuts.:D I been waiting for that ability. Im very happy with 3.70.

Last edited: May 31, 2012
  3. clubhouse

clubhouse Registered Member

4. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

Thanks for the headsup, I did notice that when creating a new sandbox it wouldn't show up in window unless you manually clicked on "Reload Configuration".

5. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

Does this new sandbox thing affect only the paid one?

6. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

No, it affects the un-paid one as well.

7. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

Ok got the latest one.

8. PC__Gamer

PC__Gamer Registered Member

Sandboxie has never let me down, its great to see updates keep arriving. :D

i think its pretty darn close to 100% protection, same for all Sandbox-type security software, - its great to see BufferZone Pro as free too! (which i havnt tried) :eek:

traditional internet security suites/Antivirus companys are constantly chasing the game, one year they are top of the tree with 98% or something, then the next year they are only scoring 95% and people complain about their anti-virus slacking in performance and ability to protect their machines. :blink:

if it worries people this much, use a sandbox type program, or use a program like shadow defender that will clear all after a reboot, saves the hassle of all this - is my machine protected or not, is this a good or bad antivirus & constantly waiting for the next antivirus test results to be released to see how your software is doing against the others.

9. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

What you should be asking yourself is this:

1. WHY are there so many updates for SBIE needed? What's wrong with the versions before?

2. What happens in the time frame between the updates, are you and your system at risk?

Look at programs like Shadow Defender, never updated for years, but people swear by it being solid and secure, even in 2012. So what does that tell you?

A lot of people have become brainwashed into thinking they need a particular program and that it's the best.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2012
  10. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

The updates are mostly usability features.

11. PC__Gamer

So, because you don't like the program, it means it doesn't work?

Are you saying a traditional antivirus can offer better protection?

Its never failed me, even when chucking as many viruses at it as possible. :p

12. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

You do not know that for sure HM.

And look at SD by Tony, he never needed to update usability features did he? It's still a rock solid app all these years without a single update.

Each to his own. But don't be fooled with a particular programs hype.

13. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

Are you saying SBIE every single version from day 1 was 100% secure and nothing ever exploited it? yes or no?

And many people live without SBIE yet have a very solid and secure system, so what's that tell you?

The risk with SBIE is that it leads many people into having a false sense of security where they are convinced nothing can exploit SBIE ever.

14. PC__Gamer

I think I said as close to 100% as possible.

I don't think any antivirus or security suite can come close to the protection a sandbox-type application can provide.

15. Hungry Man

lol I certainly don't think I'd be the one to fall for any of "tzuk's hype" trust me.

I agree that people may have a false sense of security with Sandboxie, sure. But I don't think that lack of or numerous updates can be pointed to to talk about whether the program is secure or not.

16. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

Common sense and sensibility does. In over 25 years computing I never been infected. That applies to many others too.

In addition, are you saying that SBIE is the most secure and best protection you can get on the planet?

17. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

Most people are brainless dummies who cannot think for themselves and who follow like a puppet, so many businessmen release regular updates because they realise that people think that's a good thing and makes them think that a particular program is "on the ball" with regular updates.

It's amazing how many people cannot think for themselves, and many business men exploit that fact.

It's all hysteria and smart business strategies created by programmers.

People need a BETTER PLAN to make sure their personal and business data is kept safe. You cannot rely on any program alone. Many people have exposed their systems to threats because certain program gave them a false sense of security and because they believe all the hype.

18. PC__Gamer

A guy with no security at all could go years without infection, its all common sense.

Maybe you know of an antivirus that can offer better protection rates?

19. Hungry Man

There's no real point comparing AV to Sandboxie as they do different things.

Mozart, by that logic anyone who updates their program is just playing to the audience.

Sandboxie is a fine program for security.

20. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

If security is a real concern for someone, then firstly never us the MS Windows OS. There are other OS' that have better protection against malware. That's the first step.

But if someone must use MS Windows, then stay away from dodgy websites and illegal programs, e.g warez, serials, hacks, etc etc. Only get apps/software from reputable and credible and well known sources.

And there are better and more secure ways to do things on the PC that may compromise your system, e.g SD and then reboot. That would be more secure than running SBIE in compromising acts IMHO. Even Virtualbox would be safer than SBIE IMHO. The list goes on and on.

21. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

The community is like a CULT and Amway Network Marketing Business. Think about it. Their leader and top of the pyramid, followed by a hand full of guys who work closely with the leader, and then lower down the pyramid are the paid customers and under them are the free users.

They market the program on behalf of creator, and recruit new customers, word of mouth. The guy at the top of the Pyramid gets 90% of the money and a few get the other 10% and the rest in the Pyramid get NOTHING, even though they daily tell people how good the product is, and recruit NEW BUSINESS for the leaders of the PYRAMID, even though they themselves GET NO compensation or pay.

The community is filled with PUPPETS, nothing more!

Reminds me of AMWAY.. "You need this product, it is CUTTING EDGE, nothing like it in the whole world!"

And NO, not all programs that release updates are playing the crowd. But don't be a brainless zombie, open your eyes and see the big picture, and I get back to the point... be careful nothing gives you a false sense of security. NOTHING is that good. NOTHING is perfect, so we need to get back to basics, COMMON SENSE and good internet behaviour.

22. chris1341

chris1341 Guest

Eh, if you know what you're doing, yes you can.
    Many? SBIE is what it is. If you understand it and use its excellent additional mitigation like strart/run restrictions you can easily run it on its own. Most choose not to and use it as an added layer but I am living proof it can be used as a standalone. You just need to understand its limitations and mitigate them. Just search the many many threads here to find out how.

23. Hungry Man

You've just described virtually every business model in a market economy.

I'll take Sandboxie (but I'm not a windows users) over common sense any day. I enjoy getting to be an idiot online without worrying about compromise.

24. chris1341

chris1341 Guest

ROFL, brilliant! I needed a good laugh.

25. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

Thank you :argh:

But you know what I said is true and has validity :thumb: :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.