Sandboxie 3.56 Released!!

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by blasev, Jun 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chris1341

chris1341 Guest

Re: Sandboxie 3.56 Released

I really like the way Tzuk develops the product and believe small frequent incremental beta updates are very wise for a 'one man band'. Don't forget the new 'experimental' protection for 64 bit in here as well as the changes to program groups and the ability to use one box as a template for another from within the GUI. Good positive changes.

IMO small outfits must take their time and get it right as they don't have the resources to handle issues caused by rushed releases. At the end of the day this is the third SBIE release this year all with really useful changes and additions. Not bad at all IMO.

Keep it up Tzuk - keep the frequent incremental betas, keep the rock solid final releases and keep ignoring those pushing for a pace of change that would in any way undermine the tried and tested release program of a truly remarkable little piece of software.

Cheers

2. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

Re: Sandboxie 3.56 Released

... +1

3. mick92z

mick92z Registered Member

Just installed 3.56 and Chrome 14.0.794.0, having no problems at all. The only chrome file I allow for interenet access and start/run is chrome.exe. Chrome .exe is also forced.

4. sm1

sm1 Registered Member

I have installed chrome in a separate sandboxed folder from this link: -http://dl.google.com/chrome/install/742.100/chrome_installer.exe- since this installer doesn't include google update and doesn't need admin rights. When there are no restrictions imposed regarding start/run or internet acess chrome runs ok but when I set only chrome.exe to start/run and have internet access sandboxie gives error message: SBIE1308 Program 'chrome.exe' cannot start due to restrictions. I haven't tried installing chrome inside sandboxie before.

Update: Installed chrome outside the sandbox and then added the start/run and internet access restrictions to allow only chrome.exe. Now there are no errors. I may try chrome portable from portable apps to extract and run inside the sandbox.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2011
  5. J_L

J_L Registered Member

After enabling Experimental Protection, Firefox 4 experienced more lag, especially on .svg files. Very little difference on Firefox 5 though.

Still going to keep Drop Rights, unless testing installations.

6. blasev

blasev Registered Member

I'm keeping drop right too, it feel safer that way ;)

7. moontan

moontan Registered Member

i also use it.

unfortunately, enabling DropRights disable drag and drop of text and passwords in the browser.

there's no "free lunch" when it comes to security software. ;)

8. guest

guest Guest

I have installed sandboxie and configure the sandbox to run Chrome.

I also have enable the experimental protection.

When I run Chome inside the sandbox it can not connect to internet, but when I run it outside the sandbox works well (I haven't apply any internet restrictions yet)

Firefox runs well in this sandbox but chrome can't connect to internet

What can be the problem?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2011
  9. chris1341

chris1341 Guest

Works fine for me with 64 bit experimental enabled. Is Comodo/Spyshelter etc in your sig still installed and if so any logs/conflicts from those?

10. guest

guest Guest

No, this is another machine, I have OA installed but even disabling it still I can't get internet access with chrome.
    All the components of sandboxie are allowed by OA

EDIT: I have uninstalled OA and now is working

11. chris1341

chris1341 Guest

It's an old and known issue with SBIE, Chrome and OA I believe. See http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/3963-year-old-bug/

Cheers

12. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

13. guest

guest Guest

Thanks for point out the problem, I have been testing a beta version of OA but in a week I have encounter many important problems more related with the product than with the changes in the beta. If I can not use sandboxie properly I will probably move back to Comodo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.